Frame Wash

johnbirchjar

Frame Wash

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,I have to wash out the Frame on the Classic(to get rid of the Carbon that has accumulated in there )A Power Washer and Truck Wash Soap have been suggested,(but how do's one get the water/soap mix from out of the Frame? evil) any tips would be appreciated,rgds,J.B.
andy588tt

Re: Frame Wash

Post by andy588tt »

Hi

Washing the frame on the outside warm soapy water pressure washing keep well away from any bike water can get into bearings without knowing and shorting the life, cleaning out the frame? I guess you are talking about carbon deposits these are oil droplets being fried inside the frame through heat I found petrol is a good remover the problem then is these harden crusty carbon beads have to be removed. The F1 its easy.

Personally I would leave alone if its not broken why fix it, potentially for me it caused more problems then it solved if you want to do something useful I would have an inspection of the bolts holding the brake discs onto the wheels these are often forgotten because of the age of the bike the stainless steel screwed into the ally turns the ally to a powder by "electrolysis" check if these have been treated with copper slip I have had to helli coil many over the years and it might save an accident.

Ride safe

Andy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Andy,good tip about the brake discs, cool I will check mine while the old girl is a none runner smiley.
I have given my problem considerable thought and think I have a solution,(if it works I will write an article for the club mag: wink )ride safe,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

It worked Very Happy,(one article for the club mag:coming up wink)ride safe,J.B.