F1 clutch

dave16

F1 clutch

Post by dave16 »

Is anyone in the club aware of any mods to make clutch on an F1 more user friendly.Clutch is very graby which i am told is a F1 trait.Dave
fogrider

Re: F1 clutch

Post by fogrider »

MIne has been like it all along. It's been dismantled twice,clutch plates checked on a surface plate , clutch plates cleaned up, cush rubbers replaced ( did make a small difference), just can't find anything to cure it completely. It runs true, bearings good, it seems some do it others don't. Just put it all back together again ready for Mot and tax June. Have followed advice to fill the primary with cheap 10/30. We'll see.
Regards, Terry.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi.

My cush drive rubbers went, i noticed grime on the plate and in the drum from the clutch.rubbers. I spent a day cleaning witb brake cleaner and a tooth brush. Also the grime had got into the hydraulic tensioner and it nrv stoping it working. This was also striped and cleand.

On re assembly the f1 clutch was noticaby better than both my f1 sports which have less milage on them.

That said a f1 clutch is differant, since i was.18 i have had a mk1 commando with a diapham clutch spring so i.am used to them. By the way its not just me my mot mam notice the differance between my f1 and sport clutches.

Regards wayne
dave16

Post by dave16 »

Thanks Terry and Wayne for your advice on F1clutch.Regards Dave
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I don't know how much difference there is between the clutches on IP2'S/Classics,and F1's but changing to Power Steering Oil in the Primary Chain on the former, made a much nicer/smoother clutch action,J.B.