interpol voltage regulator

nednortonrider

interpol voltage regulator

Post by nednortonrider »

Has anyone thought about or indeed fitted a modern solid state voltage regulator to an Interpol to replace the "sparkrite" unit ??
mick695

Re: interpol voltage regulator

Post by mick695 »

Hi Mate

I've recently fitted a Shindengen MOSFET FH020AA regulators from these guys in the USA onto my IP2.

http://www.roadstercycle.com/

Good people to deal with, they know their stuff and delivery is quick. Check out their website for different kit options

Not the cheapest option but a great piece of kit, easy to fit and I've got a great, steady 14.4 Volts all day. Keeps my Motobatt battery in great condition and has solved all problems with the battery running flat and poor starting...

Cheers

Mick
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi I have had to fit three(3)VCR's to my Classic since the factory original packed up after about 7and a 1/2 thousand miles,the next one I purchased from Startright(which unfortunately didn't have a wire for the ign:light)when I queried this with Graham he replied that the replacement VCR's didn't have one"How can one tell if the alternator isn't charging?"his reply"The battery goes flat evil"anyway,the replacement lasted about the same amount of mileage,as did the next one,(also minus the ign light wire,and not purchased from Startright)I have since found out that very few of the modern VCR'S have the said wire.
You must bear with me while I digress,not only was I having to replace VCR's at an alarming rate cry but Electronic Ignition Boxes also exclaim ,anyway,the reason for the VCR failures(and Ign;Boxes) was where Norton (in their wisdom) had located the said VCR,back to back with the Ign;Boxes behind the N/side side panel,where there was little or no air flow,so as I expect you all are aware,VCR's throw out a lot of heat,and if they are not in a well ventilated position, just overheat,cook themselves to destruction along with(as in my case)the Ign;Boxes,needless to say I have since moved the VCR some 20 odd thousand miles ago, and that and the Ign;Box have performed admirably Very Happy.Hopefully IP2's have their VCR's somewhere cooler

The last VCR was purchased from "Electrex World Ltd" prt No GSX250-GSX1100.for the princely sum of £55-00+p&p,phone No 01491 682369(still no Ign;light wire though wink)I got there in the end,ride safe,J.B.
mick695

Post by mick695 »

Hi John

When I replaced my Voltage Regulator I also fitted a little white box from these guys which powers up a red light as an ignition warning ....

http://www.improvingclassicmotorcycles.com/products.htm

It works a treat and I've fitted one to a few of my bikes ...

Cheers

Mick
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I fitted a volt meter(eventually) J.B.