IP2 oil Scavenger pipe

spanner boy

IP2 oil Scavenger pipe

Post by spanner boy »

Whilst checking over the fuel system today I found that the vacuumed pipe from the oil scavenge pipe to the intake had dissappear. This I believe is the cause of excessive smoke on start up. It may be contributing to my misfire. Whilst trying to fix this I noticed that the Scavenger pip itself was very loose in the frame. It's not obvious how this is secured in the frame as far as I can see. Can anyone she'd some light on this?
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Re: IP2 oil Scavenger pipe

Post by Anthony Duffield »

If it is similar to my Commander page 24 and 25 of the replacement parts catalogue shows the frame drain fitting in the frame. Having just rebuilt my Commander I would suggest removing the right hand carb for access to the fitting item 5 then tightening the nylock nut item 10.If you would like me to scan and post the relevant pages let me know.Good luckTony
spanner boy

Re: IP2 oil Scavenger pipe

Post by spanner boy »

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure what has happened on mine but the thread seemed too long ( maybe a nylon washer has disintegrated ) anyway I've now used a washer and spring washer to get the correct spacing and all seems well. Please note this is only where the connector passes through the frame not the banjo bolt it's self. Put it all back together this afternoon and it seems much better ( a lot less smoke and backfires). Still lots more small improvements to make. Thanks for the help.Paul