CHRIS JOHNSON, LEICESTER, England

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
ron

CHRIS JOHNSON, LEICESTER, England

Post by ron »

Hi,I'm a member of the Norton Owners Club and one of our members in our local Branch(Leicester/Northampton) was tragically killed last week when a car he was servicing fell onto him. He used to attend our club meeting on his Rotary Norton and I know he had contact with other Rotary enthusiasts. His widow has told me that he was a member of your club. I'm therefore posting here to notify any local members of his death and funeral arrangements and to ask if anyone can put me in touch with someone from the local branch...if there is one. Anyway, I'll give you some details now in case some of you are able to circulate the information to those who may have known Chris. His name is CHRIS JOHNSON. He had a garage in Eastleigh Road, off the Narborough Rd; Leicester. Cambridge Auto Services. He worked on cars and bikes and a lot of local people took their bikes to him for MOT's. His widow is Mrs Shirley Johnson, 50 Attfield Drive, Whetstone, Leicester, LE8 6NE Chris's funeral is on Friday 3rd December 2010 at 2.15pm at St Peters Parish Church, Whetsone, followed by interment at Whetstone Cemetery. All Norton and bike enthusiasts who knew Chris (Rotary or otherwise!) are wecome to attend. Chris was a good friend and a very nice chap who liked nothing better than to ride and talk about Rotary Nortons.Thank you, if you are able to let others know of this sad news. Warm wishes to all, Ron WhitemanLeicester
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: CHRIS JOHNSON, LEICESTER, England

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

What truly awful news.Chris had been a member of the ROC for many years and had a red Commander and an Interpol 2 still in its police trim. I shall write to Shirley with my condolences.David
Malc

Post by Malc »

Shocked! what can you say when something like this happens. Used to bump into Chris at the Stanford Hall meetings of years past.My condolences to Shirley and his family.R.I.P. Chris.Malc
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

How tragic!! What can one say at times like this. Condolences to his family. J.B.