Hello, it appears that I now rotate!

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
eyeguy

Hello, it appears that I now rotate!

Post by eyeguy »

Hi Chapsjust popped in to say Hello. I've been nagged for a while now by Frank Westworth to buy a Rotary and so have just done so. I'm now the proud owner of a Classic, number 035, which has only had 2 previous, very long-term owners. I've spoken with Graham and ordered some new plugs, (I like to think of sparkplugs as ammo, you always need more and have to reload often!) and hope this will cure the misfire as it warms up. If not, indeed, as well as that, I'll doubtless have lots of idiotic questions-sorry. Following the oil thread, needless to say, I'm struck by the similarities the rotary boys have with the Scott owners. Could you not run a rotary on Castrol R40? It's the right weight and has the highest shear strength of any oil, I understand. Smells good, too! Mine is on Rotella at the moment, which seems sufficiently gloopy.I'm an optician, based in West London, not far from Kempton, in fact. The kettle is usually poised, ready to spring into action at the sound of a motorcycle.I'm new to rotaries, but not old bikes, I have a load of old clunkers, mostly Italian, plus the Scott, of course. please be gentle with me...A Tutto Gas!Paul
Interpol2471

Re: Hello, it appears that I now rotate!

Post by Interpol2471 »

Ah another Paul welcome Very Happy
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Re: Hello, it appears that I now rotate!

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Paul,welcome to the club,I too have a Classic,(No029),re:the miss-fire when warming up,mine also has this problem,I start up on full choke and gradually reduce the amount of choke as the old girl warms up,getting the choke to stay put at various setting is quite a problem!!and has been the subject of a variety of ideas,Castrol R 40,isn't that the lovely smelling oil that is used in old race bikes?and doesn't it cost absolute fortunes to buy? even more than Silkolene comp2? I hope we will see you and your Classic at various meetings,mine is usualy the only one,take care and ride safely,regards,J.B.