Hello everyone

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
norton19

Hello everyone

Post by norton19 »

Hi, I am a new member, so thought I would introduce myself. I'm Andy Jago, from Brackley, Northamptonshire - long time Norton nut, had them since the early 70s, from singles to twins, lightweights and heavywieghts, rigids to plunger to elastic, and never been without at least one. Even contributed to Mr Le Roux's retirement fund in the 90s. I noticed from previous messages, you are interested to know who bought the wanabe Aurora on ebay last February - that would be me.It needed a lot of work, but is now on the road, with the registration process completed this week ( it was ex MOD IP2 and up until my ownership, not civilian registered ). I have continued what the previous owner had started, ie producing an Aurora replica, but am still missing a few original parts. But I have had good advice from Startright and NM, particularly Joe Siefert which has helped the project along. Have fabricated some parts myself, and am having some stuff made. The motor is buggered, with the plating coming off both housings, and all the seals well below tolerance, however my budget doesnt stretch to a full proper rebuild & moly as I would like, so I am ashamed to say I have put it back together and will use it for the odd sedate VMCC Sunday runs ! ( even so, it ticks over sweet as a nut ! ) That is until I do the proper rebuild, when I will also have to replace some gears, as you can hear them even over the top of my wife whining about how much money I am spending on it ! Cheers, Andy