New to this site, but not new to the Rotary.

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
Jantar

New to this site, but not new to the Rotary.

Post by Jantar »

Hi all, This appears to be a great site for everyone to talk about their bikes. I only found it today, and I've been busy reading a lot of the past threads.I am a Suzuki fan of old. My main bikes are a 1975 RE5 and a 2004 GS1200SS. This is the 4th RE5 I've owned, and in 1975 I had the honour of owning the first RE5 registered in New Zealand.Other bikes I've had in the past 36 years include a Katana 1100 (wire wheeled model), GSX1100, gsx750, GT750 (2 of), GT380, T250, T125. RM125, TM125, PE250, TS125, A50. Oh yeah, I've also owned the odd Kwaka, Honda and Jawa, but lets try and forget about those.
Wilky

Post by Wilky »

Hi Jantar.Just received the latest Epitrochoid Mag (excellent as usual) and read that this forum was up and running. Funny enough, I was over in Wellington in Feb this year and popped into the Southward Museum. They have 2 RE5's on 'show' and another red M stashed away down below the museum as well. John Southward (one of the late Sir Len's sons) is my Brother-in-Law, so I managed to get a 'behind the scenes' tour of the museum and workshops. Great day out.I currently have a 1975 RE5M (Firemist Red) and recently purchased a 1976 RE5A Black ...obviously (ex- Andy Hodge - Scotland).Both these bikes originated from Texas and both purchased via eBay!!The M is completely restored and the A is a very good unrestored example, just a couple of minor issues with bars, switchgear and brake hoses.Very interested to see the SU mod on David C RE5 and look forward to having a chat with him about it.I look forward to future discussions here.Regards Dave.
suzukiclub

Post by suzukiclub »

what ho me old mucker :lol: ,cant wait to see your newish RE5A :wink:
kanonkopdrinker

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Does this mean Andy Hodge no longer has a RE5?Is he detsined to become an EX-ROC member?
Wilky

Post by Wilky »

Hi David (and Les)I bought Andy's bike back in mid-June and travelled up to Prestwick to collect from his place.... so short answer is yes to both question (I think).After picking up the bike, we shot across to the Kelso BMF rally for the weekend to meet up with some mates from the SOC.I decided to give the RE5A a bit of an airing and parked it up (with a nice red GT750B for company) at the front of the SOC club marquee.It caused a bit of 'head scratching' all weekend as it........'had the wrong clocks fitted' :roll: and should have had the 'flip up thing!'It's back home with the red RE5M now and getting ready to do a small amount of work tidying it up for the Stafford Show in October.Regards Dave.