New rotary enthusiast :-)

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
Ciowiec

New rotary enthusiast :-)

Post by Ciowiec »

Hello! My name is Victor, and I live in Poland. I'm not rotary motorcycle or other wankel-powered machine owner, but I have got a F&S KM914B , KM 48 (on picture) engines, and a lot of materials about rotaries....
km914.jpg
I registered on this forum, because I know, that F&S KM914 and norton engines are very close (basic dimensions, some parts, etc..), and I could share, and get some informations about rotaries.thanksSorry, my english isn't very well :-|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: New rotary enthusiast :-)

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hello Victor, welcome to the forum. Norton used a F&S KC27 as a test bed (in a very rusty W2000) during their rotary development - and the rotor seals are the same - as well as the capacity of 294cc. Even the Norton rotors can be used in a KC27 although the balance needs to be checked because the weight of the Norton rotors is slightly different from the Sachs ones. The F&S rotors never had the cooling fins in the air passages that the Norton rotors have. David
Ciowiec

Post by Ciowiec »

Yea, I supposed, that rotors and seals had the same dimesnions (only rotor has a slightly different position of milled working chamber)....And because of that I'm looking for a new Norton rotor and seals, but I haven't seen theese in net :x :x :x Is it any chance of buying theese parts ?
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hello Ciowiec,I think, although not absolutely sure, that the KM914 and Norton / KC27 engines are not the same.The 914 is 303cc, the Norton 294cc, with the difference being the width of the rotor, apex seal and rotor housing.Norton and W2000 (KC27 motor?) are the same at 68.2mm wide and the 914 is about 2,2mm wider.If you want a new 914 rotor, rotor seals and springs, please send me a private mail as I'm sure I can help.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Ciowiec

Post by Ciowiec »

Thanks for info...I found that KM914B was as You said 303 ccm, and KC27/KM24 was294 ccm....And if there is difference in width that isn't good info for me - I planned to modify KM914, since it isn't very powerful :? :? :?