New membership and ROC shop

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
NortonLE086

New membership and ROC shop

Post by NortonLE086 »

Hello Guys. I registered with the forum a few weeks ago which is working fine. I then sent off a membership application form and cheque but I still don't seem to be able to access the shop. I received an acknowledgement e-mail regarding the shop registration, but when I try to log on its says awaiting authorisation. I haven't received a membership card or anything yet, will that have instructions for shop access?Best wishes Michael.
Michael Lant
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: New membership and ROC shop

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi MichaelThere is a welcome letter on its way to you - hopefully you might even have it already?We have never issued membership cards as, quite honestly, I could never see the point - apart from them taking up even more space in your wallet!Every member does have a unique membership number however.The website shop is a fairly arcane science, known only to Graham. Email me with what it is you are after (RotaryOC@aol.com) and I'll see what I can do to help.Rob Edwards, who edits our club newsletter, has been given your details so you should get all future club magazines.Happy rotoring!!David
NortonLE086

Post by NortonLE086 »

Thanks DavidThere is nothing I need from the shop at present, but for future reference I understand the recommended Silkolene Oil is available on there at a discount. I have just bought 10 litres from Opie Oils in Cornwall so I am OK for now. I will post a message if I need anything in the future.I look forward to receiving my letter and in due course the magazine.Best wishes Michael.
Michael Lant
NortonLE086

Post by NortonLE086 »

I should add, of course, that I don't know what is for sale in the shop as you cannot view the products without logging in, which it won't let me do for now.No way to run a business if you ask me. wink M.
Michael Lant
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Mthe club shop is not a business, neither is the club. , this forum is run at the expense and time of one member, he is currently rebuilding engines and running a general motorcycle shop. He could easily walk away from the rotary side and concentrate on his core business. He will fix the club shop when he can but it requires 10 hrs work which he cant spare at the moment.This is not the NOC, but then compare the tec pages on rotarys or lack of them on the noc, Take time to learn how the club works and why there are delays, Most of us actually know each other or are friends with another member who dose.I am a member of the noc and roc, and both clubs do outstanding work but are totally different clubs. I don't want to put you off the club but things happen slowly due to external pressures not because we don't want to.Regards Wayne
NortonLE086

Post by NortonLE086 »

That was my clearly not very successful attempt at ironic humour I'm afraid; hence the wink icon which probably didn't come out - red face . I am well aware of the voluntary nature of the club and I am most grateful for the anonymous work done behind the scenes. So much so that when I retire at the end of this month (March 2016) I am willing to offer my services to assist running the club in any way that I can.Happy Wankeling (is that a real word) Michael.
Michael Lant
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Michael, Welcome to the club. Happy Wankeling sounds good to me.Regards, Joe.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Carefull howe you say/spell it guys wink,J.B.