Commander colour scheme

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
robbo

Commander colour scheme

Post by robbo »

Hi, I have just joined the ROC, having bought my '89 Commander last summer.Some panels need respraying, and because I am not keen on the colour (non-standard),I am considering changing it back to the original. The Registration Document just says "blue",can anybody advise me the proper name / number of this paint, and where I am likely toobtain it?Thanks, Rob
Joe

Re: Commander colour scheme

Post by Joe »

Hello Rob, Welcome to the forum. I believe Dream Machine painted all Commander's for Norton Motors so it may be worth have a chat with them...... Just a word of caution though, I had three bikes painted by D.M. for insurance work so not contracted by me and I wasn't happy with any of their work, they all had small faults and one was the worst colour match that I had ever seen, from Green to Blue. I refused to sign of the customer completion form but my complaints were ignored and I wanted my bike back after they ( a Third party) had it for one week short of nine months luckily this was a complete body change and I still have the original Green body to compare. Don't be put off because they can do an excellent job, I was just unlucky (three times). Good luck, Joe.