Who sells oil for rotary Nortons?

Test your forum skills before launching into in-depth discussions!
Hugh
Site Admin

Who sells oil for rotary Nortons?

Post by Hugh »

I live in Oxford. I have recently put my Norton Classic back on the road after a decade out of use. It now needs engine oil.

Back in the 2000s, I found Rotella was the cheapest suitable oil, so I bought it in bulk from Dave Weighell in Pickering. But a I know that couple of years ago Dave wanted to give up his Wankel-engined bikes, so I do not know whether he is still in business. And in any case, 200 miles each way from Oxford is a relatively long ride to buy as much oil as I could fit on the back of a Norton.

Is anyone still buying Rotella in bulk and reselling it to Wankel owners? If so, I would be grateful for their details. If not, is Silkolene two-stroke oil my best option?
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Who sells oil for rotary Nortons?

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hugh,

Join the club!!!

Rotella DD+40 is here in Essex - as is Silkolene 2T.

I can get the latter over to (say) Uxbridge or Bristol for collection at your convenience …. the former has to be decanted on site.

David
Hugh
Site Admin

Post by Hugh »

Thanks David.

I think I'm only 90 miles from you. When my Tiger is running again (currently awaiting a front fork oil seal) may I ride over to you to buy and decant some Rotella?
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

It's funny really,
I created the forum to help norton rotary riders,
We do keep silkolene rotary oil in stock, but cannot compete with the R.O.C delivery by friends system.
Startrights is here if you get stuck,but please DO support the rotary owners club oil scheme.
The few pounds we make on 4 litres of comp 2 premix is much less importannt than keeping our bikes on the road.
Keep up the good work David
bill

Post by bill »

Hi. Dave is there a motor home coming to Portugal this year that could bring me one or two cans of Rotella DD 40 over .. l live in the middle of
Portugal..

Thanks

Bill
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Norton Motors part of Andover Norton sell Silkolene Classic 2T and also the new Comp2
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....