Last F1

Sid

Last F1

Post by Sid »

fogrider

Re: Last F1

Post by fogrider »

So, if that's worth starting at £15,000 without an engine and box, what's my F1 Sport worth , complete and running well ?
Offers anyone ?
Regards, Terry.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Surely they must be joking exclaim,J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

The vendor seems to have a tenuous grasp of reality ......

In his blurb, he believes this to be worth £50k + ...... and if that is the case, why on earth is he asking only £15k?

Given that it is only ‘worth’ what some else is prepared to pay, let’s see if he’s right.

DC
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I think without the engine and everything else that is missing because if you look carefully its a bit bare..... very little.
why take the engine out of that bike evil evil
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
cdrkeith

Post by cdrkeith »

I think the original ad said that the engine had been 'blown up' by WizNorton ? If so eg the seller lent it to WizNorton at the Classic TT, say, it would make rather a good story for 'Epitrochoid' !

NB New lower price / starting bid !

K
cdrkeith

Post by cdrkeith »

Forgot to say: obviously my Commander (see above / below) would be a far better buy !!

K
spondonash

Post by spondonash »

The engine was removed to use in the Wiz race bike, the rolling chassis was then sold to the present owner. If engines were available it might be worth close to this sort of money but not given the engine situation.
spondonash

Post by spondonash »

Interpol2471 wrote:I think without the engine and everything else that is missing because if you look carefully its a bit bare..... very little.
why take the engine out of that bike evil evil
To be fair there doesn't appear to be anything else missing.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

There is a lot missing from the bike as shown in the picture.

The bike was Tony Carys bike he took the motor out and almost certainly borrowed another engine out of a black f1 sport in Germany. The bike stayed in tonys shed until Hue bought it from the family after tony was killed on one of his Norton race bikes.

The engine went with the two Cary race bike plus another two engines to Gary Bryant who then sold them on to the willsons, The engine was made in to a race engine along with 36mm Gibson induction tubes and amal smooth bore carbs.

The other black F1 sport without an engine sold at auction for £12k, this bike was as and looked brand new bike and only missing the engine, not exhaust footrests ect ect as well. i was the loosing second highest bidder on the black sport and i am glad i was as out bid as two weeks later i bought the blue f1 sport built at Shenstone, recommision by Richard for the owner for £14500.

Correct me if i am wrong but the last f1 sport was built by joe in Germany from parts, i think this may have been the other blue one but not sure

Yet another case of some one talking out of there backside both on what the bike is and prices. if the bike was complete less the engine in its current condition i would say between 8 and 10k at best, as it is £5 to 7k at best, the people quoting silly prices like 50k for a f1 sport without its original engine are doing the rest of us any favours trying to re build our bikes.

Regards Wayne
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

the bike tony borrows a second engine from was Belgum not Germany
spondonash

Post by spondonash »

To be fair I assumed the exhaust was included but footrest etc are all there. Unfortunately the exhaust system wouldn't be cheap.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

The bike without engine i saw at Podevin's shop when we were invited to look and bid before his children got wise and sold everything through an internet auction house.
That got incredible sums for bikes not worth a fraction of these in the open market with the internet buyers assuming- often wrongly- there were documents for all the bikes, and, again wrongly, the bikes were complete.
I think all Podevin bikes were overpaid but the bike that got the highest bid, which was the space frame works racer at about 100k Euros- that was fair given its rarity.
I wondered then if some poor soul would bid for that rolling P55B chassis, given a complete engine- which we could probably scrape together- must be around 20k Pounds these days and wasn't much cheaper to build then.

And, yes, F1Sports #67 was built in Bavaria from parts we had left over from building our racer from a road bike. Richard- Norton Motors (Shenstone) "Head of Motorcycles" then- allocated a frame number to it for us to use. Must have been in the early 1990s- I have some records in some file somewhere in the shop.... a quarter of a century ago now, other things have since taken priority. wink
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi jo

The bidding on the f1 sport without an engine in belgum ended up between me and another person, i lost out. I had A engine for the bike and at that time no other chassis for it. Two weeks later i bought the imaculate Blue F1 Sport from Holland for just £2500 more than i bid on the bike without a engine.

Regards wayne
Jules Rotary

Post by Jules Rotary »

Time to add my bit.
I owned the Blue F1 Sport that has been spoken about here, and sold it through Norton Motors.
Recently I purchased the F1 Sport- Green (Mirage Paint Works), that has resulted in this post. Although the advertisement described it as the last F1 Sport, it is in fact the 'first' F1 Sport, and was first displayed on the Norton stand at the Motorcycle Show. It has travelled 9 recorded miles, which are Norton's 'shake down' ride.
It is indeed the machine purchased by Tony Carey for its engine and gearbox, to be used in a racing bike. All of the necessary missing parts have now been replaced, and it will be a completed project in approximately six months.
Sincerely,
Julian.