Shop floor mat ?

fogrider

Shop floor mat ?

Post by fogrider »

Just had my F1 Sport Mot'd. The guy in the shop said "have you ever seen a shop floor mat?", no, says I. I'll go and get it out he says. It was a black vinyl material, 8ft long 3 foot wide, with JPS logo and race bike colours at the front end. He believes it was to stand a bike on in a showroom.
I said I would enquire for him, so , Wayne or Richard maybe.......?

It passed, of course.
Regards, Terry.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Shop floor mat ?

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Did you get a picture?
David
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Did'nt take a camera ! will ring him and ask if I can take a photo of my bike on that very mat, not sure how to put it on the forum, probably have to e-mail it to the mag ??
Might be a few days before I can do this, still no response from anyone re what the history is (or may be) of shop floor mats.
Regards, Terry.
By the way, she's now on the Silkolene 2T I bought from you last year, or was it the year before !.... Much less smoke when batting along, hardly any smell, I thought synthetic 2T oils had a nice perfume ?, oh well.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Sounds to me like is one of the jps banners, i have a ridiculasly masive one i think its 20ft by 6ft. I did toy with using it as a floor mat as its extrsmly thick vinalvon the stand but relised the print would wear away so caned the idea.

If you look at the events section. Donington thers a picture of a smaller one which is about 8ft long and wont go fully across the 6M awning, the banner is folded back on its self in the pic.

If its for sale i would be interested for the stand.

Regards Wayne
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

I will find time , next week hopefully, to go back and take a photo for the mag. He didn't want to sell it .As a banner, it would have to hang down as the logo's are at one narrow end only.
Regards, Terry.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi terry

My small banner. The jps norton is not smack in the middle, its of set slightly off set to one side but you dont see this due to the way i fold it back.

I belive there were some verticle banners used at the nec type shows.

I have the remnats of the large riged sgne that some one cut down.

I am suprised that more memrobilia dose not surface more often. Most of my own stuff has come from as small group of enthusiast's.

Regards Wayne.