Classic Shop Manual wanted

Dale

Classic Shop Manual wanted

Post by Dale »

Looking for genuine (slim chance ?) or photocopy Classic manual, and original wiring diagram. I'm in Canada, but needless to say, would cover any
costs. Thanks.
Cheers, Dale.
nednortonrider

Re: Classic Shop Manual wanted

Post by nednortonrider »

Get in touch with Graham at Startrights . ( www.startright.co.uk ).You can print one off from his website .
Dale

Post by Dale »

Thanks for the reply. I have the wiring diagram from Graham's website, but cannot find the Classic shop manual (00-4236) only the IP2 , which has been useful.
Cheers, Dale.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi I don't think Nortons produced "Classic Workshop Manual" just a "Parts Manual" which is very informative (with a wiring diagram of sorts wink)I have such manual, and if memory serves,I had the wiring diagram photo copied and enlarged.
It's a bit late in the evening now (23-15hrs) but I will have a look in my workshop tomorrow and if I am correct I will get back to you,rgds,J.B,
Dale

Post by Dale »

Thanks John.I was beginning to wonder if there ever actually was a shop manual published.
One is listed in the Classic Log Book, as Part no. 00-4236, but perhaps Norton just never got around to it.
Cheers, Dale.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Dale,

00-4236 refers to the Norton Classic Workshop Manual Supplement and should be read with the Interpol 2 Police Operators Workshop Manual Part Number. 00-4228. 00-4237 is the Norton Classic Replacement Parts Catalogue.

Regards, Joe.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Dale,

And for more confusion, 00-4229 is the Twin Rotor Idling Supplement so more applicable.

Regards, Joe
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Which is no help at all Re:Classic Wiring diagram.
Sorry, I have been a bit busy today and completely forgot to look for the Wiring Diagram, red face I will try and remember tomorrow,rgds,J.B.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Joe, thanks for the information, it is very helpful.
John, thank you for your replies.
I have the parts book, but if anyone has the supplements, would it be possible to get a photocopy ?
Cheers, Dale.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Dale,I have remembered to look in the garage and as I thought, I have a copy of the Classic Wiring diagram .
Now I am pretty Computer Illiterate, smiley so what I suggest is that you e-mail me your name and address and I will send you the Wiring Diagram & Harness Layout which you can copy and have blown up(their a bit small)and return the originals to me. Very Happy
my e-mail is. johnbirch919hotmail@mail.com Hope this is of some help,rgds,J.B.