It's a small world

johnbirchjar

It's a small world

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,The memsahib and I were down in darkest Devon the weekend before Valentines Day, wink.
Sitting near to us in the hotel lounge one afternoon were two couples (late 60's early 70's?)and I overheard one of the guys talking about Gearbox Shafts,a bit later on as the memsahib and I were leaving I happened to glance over and one of the ladies had a picture of a classic bike on her I-pad "Someone a biker?" I enquired,"Yes I am" one of the guys replied,"That picture is Triton,Bonnie engine in a Featherbed frame and I have just finished a ground up rebuild,Do you ride? "Yep",I replied,"I ride a Norton Rotory Classic" Him and his wife looked at each other in amazement,and started to chuckle,"You are not going to believe this,but my engineering factory is next door to the old Shenstone works smiley,and it turns out he new Richard,John Williams and a bunch of other guys,AND he went to school with the rotary tuning wizard Brian Crighton cool,(One of their earlier schoolboy projects was to build an Organ??!!)
The Triton was booked in for it's MOT pretty soon and he would be looking forward to riding it,and his wife said she "couldn't wait as she loved biking Very Happy,"Ride Safe"I said as we left."You too"was their reply,(I find the nicest of people ride bikes Very Happy)J.B.
PS,the guy did tell me his name and the name of his company but I have a dreadful memory for names, evil sorry cry J.