Classic Bike Show 2017

kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Classic Bike Show 2017

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi all,I have just been sent this; I wonder if any ROC member went to the 2016 show, and whether it would be worth having a Rotary club presence in 2017?Your thoughts?David ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CALLING ALL CLUBS FOR CLASSIC BIKE LIVE 2017Classic Bike Live returns to the East of England Showground on 28 – 29th October 2017. The two-day event will be a classic motorcycle lover’s paradise with trade stands, retail opportunities, and special guests alongside the very best in British, Japanese and European motorcycles. 2016’s inaugural event proved to be a resounding success with more than 30 clubs and 400 motorbikes on show. The event attracted just under 15,000 visitors with many more expected for next year’s outing. The show will dedicate a large indoor arena in which motorbike owners from all over the UK are invited to showcase their pride and joys in a bid to win one of the various awards.Both individual entries and club stands are invited to attend. Don’t miss out book your club space or individual concours entry now!Please find the relevant forms enclosed.For more information visit www.classicbikelive.co.ukKind Regards, Amy FoxPA to Event Director Tom SiddallLIVE PROMOTIONS EVENTS LTDRiverside Quay, Double StreetSpaldingLincolnshirePE11 2AB
Joe

Re: Classic Bike Show 2017

Post by Joe »

Yep, we were there.As usual Wayne did an excellent job with the club stand. Two race bikes, plenty of paraphernalia, a Van Veen OCR 1000 and an DKW W2000 were exhibited. One club meber "Nick" I think, came and introduced himself. It was very nice to meet you, sorry if I've got your name wrong.The club stand was very successful and busy on both days even though I was only there on Sunday Wayne tells me Saturday was also busy. Because this was the first time for this show we didn't bother to recruit members bikes or volunteers, things will be different next year though.The venue is really good, loads of room, plenty of parking, excellent food and drink facilities and spotlessly clean bogs too. Also, a bit of a bonus there was a lot of women present and good looking ones too.I think we should do it again.Joe.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi DavidYes I put a stand on after I had asked if any one was interested Jo Walker {thanks Joe} was the only one. We could have down with a couple more bikes, om the Saturday we had two bikes. The position was a premium and food was good, unusual for a bike show.ImageFor the shows next year I need attendees in advance I have the application for this show now. I have purchased some dummy's and a couple of notice boards and now what I need to do with the lighting, I doubt I can handle 4 of my bikes and the stand due to my leg issues, plus leaving the stand un attended is not ideal.If you are interested in attending this show, donning ton or Mallory drop me a line. I don't know about the classic tt yet.I would do Stafford but someone ells will have to organise the entry's and be on the stand either with or without a bikeRegards Wayne
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Jo Missed you last commentYes there was some very good-looking women interested in the memorabilia and joes vanveen (I recon due to the paint scheme).Also can someone sell me a knackered left hand endplate so I can display my knackered moiled one its on the demo air coolled engine, I was reedy for loosing it with the "rotor seals don't last comment" Regards Joe.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

After Richard has checked out my left hand End Plate(hopefully it will be ok smiley) if not cry I can let you have it to use as a"before and after" example,J.B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

hi jb

Thanks for taking a look and my late reply, I had a bit of a accident at work just before Christmas and was not up to posting on forums.

Regards wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Wayne,sorry to hear about your little mishap,hope you are fully recovered and are fighting fit once more cool,rgds,J.B.