Road Tax Transfere

johnbirchjar

Road Tax Transfere

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Guys,Anyone know when this new ruling that the existing road tax on a vehicle will no longer go with the vehicle when it is sold (I wonder what bright spark thought that one up evil )rgds,J.B.
Ian

Re: Road Tax Transfere

Post by Ian »

IIRC, at the same time as you no longer need to display a tax disc - October. I'm open to correction here though...It's a good idea. Just think of all the part-months the Government won't have to refund. Nice little earner and ensures more vehicles have their tax renewed.
jwonnacott

Post by jwonnacott »

It will allow them to confiscate and crush more perfectly good vehicles to help the environment.
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

RegistrationMost people believe that when they buy a new car or motorbike that they have to register it (in Britain, with the commercial company known as the "Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency"). What very few people are aware of is the fact that the act of applying for registration actually transfers the physical ownership of the vehicle from you the purchaser who paid the money, to the Licensing Authority who licensed the vehicle. That is, you have just given the vehicle away to a commercial company who has done nothing at all for you and which does not have your best interests at heart. As it is unlawful to swindle anyone, I would be most interested to hear any reason whatsoever as to why this registration should not be deemed to be unlawful as I can't think of any reason or basis why this should not be considered blatant and obvious fraud, and there has certainly not been full disclosure of the terms of the contract.The change of ownership is shown by the fact that you, the previous owner, are now sent a document stating that you are now "the Registered Keeper" of the vehicle which you have just bought. You are left to pay for maintaining the vehicle which you do not own, and the actual owner can, and will, destroy the vehicle (which cost the owner nothing) if you, the 'Registered Keeper' do not keep on paying for the use of the vehicle. Destroying the vehicle would be unlawful if the vehicle did not belong to the company doing the destroying.The vehicle will be crushed if the "Road Tax" is not paid. That 'tax' is substantial and was originally introduced as a fund contributed to by the drivers of vehicles, in order to build new roads for those vehicles to drive on, and to maintain all existing roads. That was a very reasonable idea, and it means that all the roads in the country belong to the people who paid the money for them to be built and repaired.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

rogerdodger wrote:RegistrationMost people believe that when they buy a new car or motorbike that they have to register it (in Britain, with the commercial company known as the "Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency"). What very few people are aware of is the fact that the act of applying for registration actually transfers the physical ownership of the vehicle from you the purchaser who paid the money, to the Licensing Authority who licensed the vehicle. That is, you have just given the vehicle away to a commercial company who has done nothing at all for you and which does not have your best interests at heart. As it is unlawful to swindle anyone, I would be most interested to hear any reason whatsoever as to why this registration should not be deemed to be unlawful as I can't think of any reason or basis why this should not be considered blatant and obvious fraud, and there has certainly not been full disclosure of the terms of the contract.The change of ownership is shown by the fact that you, the previous owner, are now sent a document stating that you are now "the Registered Keeper" of the vehicle which you have just bought. You are left to pay for maintaining the vehicle which you do not own, and the actual owner can, and will, destroy the vehicle (which cost the owner nothing) if you, the 'Registered Keeper' do not keep on paying for the use of the vehicle. Destroying the vehicle would be unlawful if the vehicle did not belong to the company doing the destroying.
An amusing concept, Roger!
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
JohnOR

Post by JohnOR »

Hi FolksThe problem is the insurance cos. are in the loop!If the vehicle is not registered for road use they will not give you 3rd party fire and theftonly accidental damage fire and theft.Therefore you are riding an "uninsured vehicle" on the roadJohn
JohnOR

Post by JohnOR »

Hi FolksThe problem is the insurance cos. are in the loop!If the vehicle is not registered for road use they will not give you 3rd party fire and theftonly accidental damage fire and theft.Therefore you are riding an "uninsured vehicle" on the roadJohn
rogerdodger

Post by rogerdodger »

Mr Neguslog on to www.yourstrawman.comlife as you know it will never ever be the same again, so many things in life you say to yourself, why is it so this article puts everything in perspective, and yes I also know an inventor who had his invention stopped in his tracksrant over :)roger
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

Technically America is still a British colony! Google it! But what difference does it make!Can't say I've ever taken a victims statement from DVLA when a car gets nicked!Russ
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Aaaaaaagh evil, It's all to much exclaim,J.B.
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

So far, the DVLA have managed to introduce new systems that do indeed improve on the old ones (AFRL for instance)BUT!!You have to be (very) computer literate and you have to trust the system.If things go wrong, the 'real human' backup is better than it used to be because most of the systems are becoming automated.So I do believe, when you buy a vehicle, you will be able to Tax it online and ride home. Seems strange to have to wait for a confirmation email before riding off!https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

rogerdodger wrote:Mr Neguslog on to http://www.yourstrawman.comlife as you know it will never ever be the same again, so many things in life you say to yourself, why is it so this article puts everything in perspective, and yes I also know an inventor who had his invention stopped in his tracksrant over :)roger
The world seems to have a minority of people who feel persecuted and invent conspiracy theories to suit. Sad really.I'd much rather be out riding my bike, or sailing my boat, or enjoying my family, or any of the myriad other things that make me happy.Seize the day, Folks!/
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!