Manx GP fast approaching ???

andy588tt

Manx GP fast approaching ???

Post by andy588tt »

Hi Fellow Rotary FansIts that time of the year step forward and make your selfs known if you are going to the Manx GP August 17th 30th, Once you have got over the shock of the steam racket its settle down and enjoy the greatest show on earth. In my dreams I'm working on a very large pole-vault exclaim but I'm not perfected the landing with bikes,kids and wife crashing down around me? but then it is a dream. Although us old time- ers know it as the Manx GP it has been rebranded as the " The Festival of Motorcycling " the idea is five events rolled into two weeks best to check for your self .Who is going and can we meet up then its the next question who will get the first round in cool If I miss you come down and say hallo at Quarter Bridge Sector 1 Ride safeAndy Very Happy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
Wayne

Re: Manx GP fast approaching ???

Post by Wayne »

Hi andyi have sent my entery in for Jurby but not heard anything back yet
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I shall be there Andy. Marshalling at the end of Kirkmichael village, opposite Tony East`s museum. The good `uns go through there very, very fast.Norton Owners club Manx Reunion Get Together & Barbeque. Shore Hotel, Old Laxey [next to the river not the sea]. 3p.m. to 6p.m.Bosuns bitter real ale brewed by the pub on site. Excellent flavour. Quality barbecue plus meals available in the pub.Barbecue 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.2013 year badges for sale at £3.00 each on site.No Rotarys attended last year. See if we can rectify that this year.I will probably be going on my Dominator as I did the T.T. on the Red Commander. Saw a light blue Commander but no others though I heard there was at least another red one there & a grey one.Managed to get nicked for the third time in 40 years of visiting the Isle of Man T.T. for speeding. Cost £20.00 1974. £86.00 1990 £203.00 2013Is that inflation or what!!!!!Derek F.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I`m a dummy, forgot the most important bit, the date!!! The Norton Reunion is on Tuesday 27th. August 2013 3p.m. to 6p.m.Derek F.
Ian

Post by Ian »

There was a dark blue one and an orange one (really) with lots of stickers on the front too.My red one was at home with yet another Oldham coupling failure. Curses!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Oh, and two F1s too. I did ask but neither was for sale.Ian
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Dell Boy wrote:I shall be there Andy. Marshalling at the end of Kirkmichael village, opposite Tony East`s museum. The good `uns go through there very, very fast.Norton Owners club Manx Reunion Get Together & Barbeque. Shore Hotel, Old Laxey [next to the river not the sea]. 3p.m. to 6p.m.Bosuns bitter real ale brewed by the pub on site. Excellent flavour. Quality barbecue plus meals available in the pub.Barbecue 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.2013 year badges for sale at £3.00 each on site.No Rotarys attended last year. See if we can rectify that this year.I will probably be going on my Dominator as I did the T.T. on the Red Commander. Saw a light blue Commander but no others though I heard there was at least another red one there & a grey one.Managed to get nicked for the third time in 40 years of visiting the Isle of Man T.T. for speeding. Cost £20.00 1974. £86.00 1990 £203.00 2013Is that inflation or what!!!!!Derek F.
Hi DerekShore Hotel, Old Laxey I have been going to the Norton Owners club Manx Reunion Get Together for many a year & Barbeque had a few burgers I even remember where I parked straight down to the left next to the wheelie bin? My son even took a video of a German biker pushing a two up atles that didnt want to go when it did the guy fell over and we all cheered when it fired up, where you there? I was riding the Black f1 H***SWR ? My wife parked across Triumph/sidecar the other side of the river because too many people/bikes in the shore car park If you don't know my bike look on rear reg place at the bottom you will see the little words Ha Ha eat my oily clag. Come and say hallow the wifes bike is a read Thunderbird Sport with a matchin Shed strapped to the side of the bike others call it a sidecar but its as big as a shed as for the wife she is a modal and I wont describe her she's one hell of a biker chick following her all the way to the IOM is bikin in my eyes. wink Ride safe Andy cool
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Andy,Had a chat with you in the sea terminal car park last year. Saw the trumpet & tardis then. I go home on the friday mid afternoon so may come down to the Q.B. & marshall there before leaving as I stay with my brother in law up the road in Pulrose. He brings my niece who has Angellman`s Syndrome to see the marshalls at the Q.B. His name is geoff.Derek F.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Dell Boy wrote:Hello Andy,Had a chat with you in the sea terminal car park last year. Saw the trumpet & tardis then. I go home on the friday mid afternoon so may come down to the Q.B. & marshall there before leaving as I stay with my brother in law up the road in Pulrose. He brings my niece who has Angellman`s Syndrome to see the marshalls at the Q.B. His name is geoff.Derek F.
Hi Del BoyHay ho there we go another meet It was great that you came and said hallo I liked the Laverda Very Happy and of all places the sea terminal at Douglas? We must have missed you in the crowd a the Shore hotel. I was there. I could pm my mobile number to you but I get a new sim card for £5 from Manx telecom each year and just pop it into my phone its cheaper then paying for cross networks the card comes about a couple of weeks before we leave, I'll send the number then We will be at QB practice and race week, We same crowd all mix well. I hope you dont pick the day when I'm on the inner wall with flags and whistle and eyes out on storks looking up Bray Hill I can't do anything when over there. What bike will you bring this year? smiley Ride safeAndy
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Andy,I was selling the badges at the Shore hotel last year so I am surprised our paths did not cross. Will be doing the same this year.I shall be taking my silver 1957 Dominator 99 fitted with period screen/leg shields/panniers plus lots of stickers.Let me know your no.Cheers,Derek.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Dell Boy wrote:Hello Andy,I was selling the badges at the Shore hotel last year so I am surprised our paths did not cross. Will be doing the same this year.I shall be taking my silver 1957 Dominator 99 fitted with period screen/leg shields/panniers plus lots of stickers.Let me know your no.Cheers,Derek.
Hi Dell boyWhat a bike it sounds very nice see picRide safeAndy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Trumpet.JPG
andy588tt wrote:
Dell Boy wrote:Hello Andy,I was selling the badges at the Shore hotel last year so I am surprised our paths did not cross. Will be doing the same this year.I shall be taking my silver 1957 Dominator 99 fitted with period screen/leg shields/panniers plus lots of stickers.Let me know your no.Cheers,Derek.
Hi Dell boyThe Trumpet/Shed and Lilly check out the chicks? posting for camera at Shore meet The boy got the Badge thats how we missed each other we missed out on a jar?? next time ea.Ride safeAndy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moriniman

Post by moriniman »

Hi AndyI will be there on the Morini doing the VMCC Rally, will try to get to the Nortons owners do so hope to see you there.Dave Mason
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Flicking through the channels last night came across the tail end of a programme devoted to the Manx G.P. Well peed off that I missed it but the Motorbike Show on after it was prettyy good. It was on ITV 4.Derek F.
mxman

Post by mxman »

Just missed it to. The Motorbike show is very good.Roger
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

moriniman wrote:Hi AndyI will be there on the Morini doing the VMCC Rally, will try to get to the Nortons owners do so hope to see you there.Dave Mason
Hi DaveGreat until I clock you guys, I don't know you?? or do we all go in disguise? So as for me you can't miss me - very short (duck's disease), with long nose and large feet and in my spare time I walk on water and thrash the nuts of Lilly? more smiles Very Happy CU at the Manx TT FestivalAndy cool
Bikerchick

Post by Bikerchick »

Try and get some pictures of the Shore Hotel, Norton's Owners Club. Be good to see all u guys down there. Very Happy
gripper

Post by gripper »

I was there last year on my red IP2, can't get there this year, Suppose you are all there by now. Have a good week y'all.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Dell Boy wrote:Hello Andy,Had a chat with you in the sea terminal car park last year. Saw the trumpet & tardis then. I go home on the friday mid afternoon so may come down to the Q.B. & marshall there before leaving as I stay with my brother in law up the road in Pulrose. He brings my niece who has Angellman`s Syndrome to see the marshalls at the Q.B. His name is geoff.Derek F.
Hi Guys Im going to give our new editor a write up of the Manx GP so read about the going on's later it was great and James May was a laugh too!!! Very HappyRide SafeAndy