ROC Anniversary Meeting

kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

ROC Anniversary Meeting

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

2012 will see the Rotary Owners' Club reach being thirty years old!It will also see Epitrochoid issue no. 100!Any thoughts on how this should be celebrated?All ideas, volunteers to organise etc most welcome ...And why stick to just the one event? How about something in the south and another in the north?My only suggestion so far is that, if we want to attract rotarians from across the Channel, make events reasonably accessible from one of the ferry / tunnel ports.David
johnbirchjar

Re: ROC Anniversary Meeting

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi David,there is a biker in the Essex branch of the NOC that attends more rallies than anyone I know!! I expect he will be at Brooklands this weekend, I will "pick his brains" for a suitable venue for us,I will report back,ride safe,regards,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I am happy to help Very Happy
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I was at a camp site near Grantham last April, it was quite good,showers and loos o.k.a pub that sold real ale and the food was good,the Druids MCC hold their "Ice Ale Rally" there every winter. I know it,s quite way from the tunnel & Dover but it,s central'ish for us in England, (not that distances seem to bother most of us Rotarians)and it's a sugestion for starters,ride safe and see you at Popham,J.B.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

And the Norton Owners club chairman & Commander rider only lives round the corner!!So should get the top brass attending.Derek.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Spoke to Allan "M" about rally sites and he seemed to think that Grantham was about as good as it gets for small rallies 'cos the field is a general camp/caravan site and caters for all,shall I make enquires re: cost & avaliability?regards,J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Booked!8,9,10 June 2012 in Essex.More details later.Put it in the diary.DC
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllUnfortunatly clashes with the tt and it starts on the day of the senior tt (its also 30 years since nortons last tt win)Regards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I thought 'Hizzy won the last TT for Nortons in '93? next year is 19 years (or are my maths wrong?)J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

You are never going to find a date that suits everyone ... there are only 52 weekends in a year ...DC
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I've made a note,I will do my best to attend,are we allowed to know where?J.B.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Yep, at the T.T. that weekend. Last day is Friday the 8th {Senior day} so might make it back as I live in Essex. Will have to change my ferry booking though. Also, last Norton win confirmed by the photograph on my wall of the Abus NORTON rotary jumping Ago`s leap on Bray Hill signed by the late great Steve Hislop recording his win in the 1992 Senior T.T. on the Norton.I watched his battle with Carl Fogarty [Yamaha] where they were seconds apart for all the race & riding in a totally maniacally focused way at Ballaspur. Totally terrifying but exhilirating to watch.Sadly, spectators are no longer allowed to spectate in that area as it is deemed too dangerous now.Derek.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Essex ....a) Because it's within easy reach of Dover - and even easier reach of Harwich, (for continental riders);b) Because it's easy for me ... as I will be organising it!!!DC
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Great I have seen the TV show cant wait to all those cool girls Very Happy Very Happy
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

CHAT TO..got too excited red face
rjg30091982

Post by rjg30091982 »

I'll pack a fire extinguisher this time then i may get there!!!!!!!
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi allNext year is also 25th aniversary of the debue of the rotary race bike at darly moore, have you thought of asking Brian C as one of the gests of hounor, He is very busy man though, I also have contact with Hislops norton mechanic and Dave Evens who built the first racer with Brian. Of course i can also think of at least three others people who should be celibrated they are also members of the rocRegards Wayne
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

hi allmy mistake 20 years since norton won the senior (dam dyslexier strikes again)Regards Wayne
graham

Post by graham »

Hello David,Looks like a busy weekend! 30. Jahrestreffen der Hercules Wankel IG in NeckarsulmIn Neckarsulm findet vom 08. bis 10.06.2012 ein großes NSU-Automobil- und Motorradtreffen statt. Unsere Wankel IG kann auf dem riesigen Gelände eine eigene Stellfläche für ihre Wankel-Motorräder erhalten! Nähere Informationen und Anmeldedaten werden wir unseren Wankelfreunden mit der Wankel-News Nr. 50 im Dezember 2011 zusenden! http://www.wolfgang-dingeldein.de/wanke ... .htmGraham.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Yep, I know Graham .... 52 is just just not enough weekends in a year ... but ours is a Club anniversary rather than the first time we had a meeting .... Wolfgang has to wait a couple of years until the IG get to their 30th!!!DC
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

1st. to 5th. June 2012. Norton Owners Club National Rally at WEELEY in North Essex & Norton Day at COLCHESTER Castle, Essex, Sunday 3rd. June 2012.Norton Rotary owners could do both rallys?I have decided to go to the T.T. for practice week & see the Classic racing on the Southern 100 course & get back to do the Norton Rally at Weeley & the R.O.C. rally.Derek.
graham

Post by graham »

Hi David,Thanks for organising the R.O.C. Anniversary meet. I don't care what else is on that weekend. I know my loyalty is to the R.O.C.!See you all there.Graham.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Can we have a map or links to the event on here?
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

The village hall postcode is CM1 3QG There will be signs to it from the A414 (Ongar to Chelmsford road), as well as from the A12 DC
Derek Nicol
Site Admin

Post by Derek Nicol »

DavidMy Apologies... it doesnt look as though im going to make it to the Anniversary meet this weekend. cry I have been fighting with a particularly nasty strain of Tropical Man Flu all week and im not winning. Im very disappointed to have to miss it, i really enjoyed the 21st Anniversary meet.If i am miraculously improved tomorrow i may come down to Highwood in the car. Have a great weekend, wish i was there. Might see you tomorrow but not looking good at the moment.Derek Nicol.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Thank you for a great day out David, good food, good company and a good location.It was so nice meeting people again or for the first time and it did not rain ... MUCH cool wink CheersPaul
vontripper

Post by vontripper »

hi david, again good weekend nice company new faces good fun had by all i would say. all the back room boys and girls thank you. and it did not rain on the way home lets do it again SOON just for fun rg von PS and our german friends come more ofton plz, if you were scared of by the rain you missed a GOOD WEEKEND
[color=#FF0040]God Willing & The Creek Don`t Rise[/color]
graham

Post by graham »

What a wonderful bunch you are. I could only manage to arrive on Saturday night but I was made VERY welcome.You've all cheered me up no end.Many thanks to everybody, with a special thanks to the whole Cameron family.Graham from Startrights
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I too will add my thanks to David and his family for making the rally such a pleasant weekend, Very Happy no mean feat,ride safe,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Added 5 pictures to the gallery