A sad day

johnbirchjar

A sad day

Post by johnbirchjar »

Well, after 30+years and all-most 70,000 miles my Classic and I have parted company cry (an age thing on my part)sold to a fellow rotary enthusiast who lives up in the wilds of Cumbria.
I still expect to play an active part on our forum Very Happy,but I will no longer be able to refer to the "Service Records"for answers,they went with the bike,(as did the special tools required for "Major Surgery" wink)but they are available for anyone "Up North" to borrow, ride safe, and you and yours stay virus free,J.B.
Charles Wilson

Re: A sad day

Post by Charles Wilson »

Well done, sir!
Assen

Post by Assen »

Indeed sad John.
One of my bikes (BMW R27), i have now for 43 years and still use it. It's a family bike now. My doughters say the bike is never to be sold.
They put it in their hall for display if and when i pop off...
Perhaps silly to be very attached to a material thing. But it is not only the ownership, but the things you did together that makes the bond.
Keep riding John, even if it is a Honda....

Jannes
cdrkeith

Post by cdrkeith »

And I am the lucky /proud new keeper of JB's Classic......which follows in the tyre marks of 2 Commanders, an IP2, and an air-cooled Commando look-alike special (which I should never have sold). I doubt that I will do a fraction of the mileage that JB has done on the Classic but I hope to get out and about on it a bit (and write something about it for 'Epitrochoid'). Re the special tools, if Mr Bloom from Barrow is reading this perhaps he could PM me ?
Stay safe / sane, everyone.
Keith.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

John,

It has been a pleasure corresponding with you via the forum, try to stay in touch and when this pandemic is history perhaps we can meet up at a NOC rally.

All the best
Tony
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks guys,appreciate the response,ride safe,J.B.