Norton F1 Sport failure left side

holger999

Norton F1 Sport failure left side

Post by holger999 »

hello, I have problems with my F1 sport
The left side keeps coming out.
New spark plug in, then it works again.
Carburetor was repeatedly overhauled and perfectly adjusted.
By Clemens Bubner.
But for the 4th time I experience the same ... after previously flawless drive over hundreds of mls .... where everything goes well, the left side rises. So the rotor / Troichide does not fire anymore?
Can it be the ignition, Boyer? I still have the first ignition.
Or ignition coil.
Has anyone of you experienced this?
greeting
Holger
fogrider

Re: Norton F1 Sport failure left side

Post by fogrider »

Hello Holger,
My F1 Sport failed on a ride out a year ago. No obvious problems with fuel supply or sparks. The AA man was baffled. When I stripped the carbs off to put new O rings in ( just to make the carbs perfect), I found that the metal air box that the carbs bolt onto, was distorted badly, causing air leaks . After sorting the flanges and renewing the seal between the airbox and rotor casings, it goes superbly.

Worth a check ?

Regards, Terry.
holger999

Post by holger999 »

Thanks ... but unfortunately NO

The left side completely fails.
Total failure on both sides last time.
Does not ignite at all
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

No spark on either chamber? Sounds like ignition failure to me, Possibley the Ignition Trigger Switch?(If you still have the original Boyer,put it back on as an elimination experiment)J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Ooops!sorry Holgar, red face, I misread your post about the Boyer,(still sounds like the Electric Ignition to me though)
Previous posts about Boyer Ignition boxes makes me doubt that Boyer will test it for you,but it must be worth a phone call smiley ,other than that then perhaps Julian of MinMag fame(if you ask him nicely wink)would test it for you,or maybe someone out there in Rotory Land knows of a way to test it yourself cool,best of luck,J.B.