IP2 front wheel buckled?

BlackIP2

IP2 front wheel buckled?

Post by BlackIP2 »

Whilst my IP2 is up on the ramp, I checked the front wheel as I recall the last time I looked at it back in the winter I thought it was not quite true, but then forgot all about it.
Sure enough, spinning it round shows about 2mm difference on the side and about 1mm vertical. I assume as mine is an ex-police bike that at some stage it's had a good thump somewhere, though the rear wheel is fine.
It doesn't feel that horrendous on the road, but the front end is jittery and I thought it might be the damping in the forks.
Looks like I need a new front wheel unless anyone knows if they are repairable, though I doubt it?
johnbirchjar

Re: IP2 front wheel buckled?

Post by johnbirchjar »

Some years back I was riding the Classic (on our way to the M.O.T.garage) and was forced to mount the kerb by some idiot car driver evil,S****d the front wheel,not possible to repair it,fortunately Graham had a used one that was in quite good nick he could sell me,but they are getting a bit hard to come by,but Graham would be my first port of call.
George Molenuex(builder of the wonderful "Trixie")was breaking a couple of IP2's some years ago and may still have a wheel or two lurking in his workshop wink,good hunting,J.B.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I have a spare set JB
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
BlackIP2

Post by BlackIP2 »

OK Interpol 2471 (sorry, don't know your name). I'll PM you and we can discuss vie emails?
Cheers
Mark
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

There you go,another satisfied customer Very Happy,ride safe,J.B.