Subs and newsletter

BlackIP2

Subs and newsletter

Post by BlackIP2 »

Have I missed a newsletter and therefore the subs renewal notice, or has there not been a newsletter since the November edition?
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Subs and newsletter

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi Mark

I have emailed you.

David
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I have searched through my back issues and can't find one later than November.J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Hi all,

We have come up against a problem in that editor Rob's cupboard is bare … and until he gets some contributions, there is not a lot to send out.

If the situation continues, then we might have to rethink whether the ROC should continue as a 'club' …. or go the way of some of the Facebook Groups? I myself don't do Facebook, but Mrs C does on an occasional basis - and I get the chance of looking over her shoulder from time to time, and I see that there are groups for rotary Nortons, Suzuki RE5s and probably others too; and I see there are names familiar to several in the club, who have no fear in writing on Facebook and posting photos … yet who cannot for reasons best known to them, bring themselves to send anything to Rob.

I feel Rob's pain; I edited the newsletter for nigh on 30 years and found it a thankless task trying to fill four issues a year. Even this forum suffers from indifference … from a club with over 100 members, how many ever post on here? A dozen maybe?

We could perhaps reduce the newsletter frequency? And perhaps make the annual subs cover TWO years?

Your thoughts?

David
tim harrison

Post by tim harrison »

Hi David. It would be a shame if the Club were to discontinue. The forum is still relatively active at times although if resources allow it may be better to reduce the number of sections, It just really needs Technical, Events and classified adds.
Regarding the magazine it will continue to be a problem to fill it as fewer people are regularly riding their rotaries and even fewer are rebuilding them. however there are still stories out there so perhaps reducing the number of issues is necessary. Interestingly however when the NOC doubled the number of issues it generated many more contributions so there is a real danger that even with less issues it may be a struggle to get copy.
I would like to see a rotary gathering each year. this would possibly rekindle enthusiasm. I would be happy to assist with this.
If necessary a dedicated Facebook page is possiblly a way forward. Unless it was restricted to members there would be a lot more traffic, much of which would be irrelevant. The NOC has a facebook page which can be viewed as an example. Most members however prefer to use the forum.
Tim
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

As always I am happy to add a few notes together on my rebuilds and engines in work and I have felt the pain too.
I have gone from putting on the rotary stand at the Kempton show and Popham to just Popham now and this year so far has only had a reply from JB.
Hopefully we can get some interest up within our ranks and continue as we are, these bikes need riding and spreading the interest and enjoyment can only raise further members for the future.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I too am one of"The Few" who contribute to our forum(and on the odd occasion our mag)and indeed, it would be a great pity if it were to fold evil ,so come on guys,make the effort exclaim,J.B.
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

I have also sent a few things in over the years, last year I sent Rob some info on Lada cars with Wankel engines, he passed it on to someone else and the resulting mag article didn't even acknowledge my originating info (as a fellow member). That's plain ignorant, I decided I wouldn't bother in future.
To the remainder, regards all
Terry.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi David

Sent my subs by bacs, can you confirm you have received it.

Regards wayne.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Yep Wayne, it’s there safe and sound!

Thank you very much.

David
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

David did you see mine ?
Ta
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Yes indeedy Paul. TVM.

David