Non runner

Haggler

Non runner

Post by Haggler »

Hi just purchased a non running Interpol 2. Seems to have plenty of compression and has been rebuilt a few years back (But has not been run since)
My question is should I just attempt to cure non start or would you recommend striping engine and starting from scratch?
Thanks for looking
johnbirchjar

Re: Non runner

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Haggler,How much"history"you have on the bike?
A couple of options are,(A)squirt loads of oil in the chambers and turn the engine over by hand quite a number of times so the bearings,side plates and all internals are nice and oily ,or(B)strip the thing down and start from scratch Very Happy,a lot depends on how competent you are with option 'B' (also, of course, how much of the "folding stuff" you are prepared to throw at the project wink)J.B.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi,
If you can tell me the frame number, I can see from my factory and personal records if there's any history for it.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Haggler

Post by Haggler »

johnbirchjar wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:00 am Hi Haggler,How much"history"you have on the bike?
A couple of options are,(A)squirt loads of oil in the chambers and turn the engine over by hand quite a number of times so the bearings,side plates and all internals are nice and oily ,or(B)strip the thing down and start from scratch Very Happy,a lot depends on how competent you are with option 'B' (also, of course, how much of the "folding stuff" you are prepared to throw at the project wink)J.B.
Hi John, thanks for the answer. Not averse to rebuilding engines as is my trade but never stripped a rotary before. (Got manual so should be ok). Will oil it up and see how it utrns.
Richard, chassis is 3142.
Thanks for the replies chaps, much appreciated Very Happy
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

An ex-West Midlands bike, B950***, originally based at Coventry.
Engine rebuild at 2k, engine/gearbox at 12k, engine rebuild at 24k, nothing else in the Shenstone service records. It may subsequently have had a service exchange engine fitted, stamped 'SX----' and not recorded in the factory records.
No recorded work by myself since 2004, either at Rugeley or later.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!