F1 Sport seat unit

fogrider

F1 Sport seat unit

Post by fogrider »

The foam pad on my Sport seat is quite tiny, nowhere near as wide as the seat area itself. It's around 1" thick so I find it quite uncomfortable as the two sides are a distinct edge. So, question is: is it an original and why so small ?, or, is there an improved version ?
If not a special shape for a reason, I think a home made 'comfy ' pad is required before she comes out next year !

No suggestions I'm probably twice as wide as Trevor Nation ( I may well be)

Saw the facebook photo of a shiny F1 Sport at Squires recently, I rather think I spotted parts of that in a certain workshop ' in the wilds of Lincolnshire ' not too long ago......

Regards all, Terry
East Yorks
johnbirchjar

Re: F1 Sport seat unit

Post by johnbirchjar »

Garry (of Garry & Amy fame)made a "duel seat" for his F1,perhaps you could contact him for some tips,J.B.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Terry,
The pad is that size 'cos it's a close replica of those fitted to the JPS race bikes of the time.
Other comments about it were along the lines of "Make it uncomfortable so the rider goes faster to get to the end of the race first". Seemed to work anyway!
For one of the Rugeley twin-seat bikes, I moulded a grp seat base to the curvature of the actual seat and had it upholstered with thicker foam and a leather cover by Barrs of Hull.
The self-adhesive foams, available on Fleabay, don't like sticking to a curved surface so get the plain foam and use a contact adhesive.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Thanks Richard, I did wonder why it was that that small size and shape. I suppose a short circuit racer is on "one cheek" most of the time !
I'll carefully remove the race look-alike and re-do with something more comfortable.
Regards
Terry

JB- is a "duel" seat for a couple who hate each other ?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Mine came with this seat pad looks better than original and is very comfortable,

regards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Wayn,If your bike is the one nearest the camera,looks are deceiving,seems far to thin Very Happy ,mind you ,If memory serves you are well "upholstered" wink J.B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

its more way more comfy than my ble sports std seat or my f1. its a properly made upholsterer seat and back pad with gold piping, i dont know who made it the bike came with it.