Third Party

johnbirchjar

Third Party

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,can anyone enlighten me as to the "New Third Party Liability Law"? (It was mentioned briefly in the latest issue of Roadholder)Iv'e had a bit of a "surf",but "Can't see the Wood for the Trees wink"J.B.
fogrider

Re: Third Party

Post by fogrider »

I think you're maybe referring to what became known as the "Vimuk" agreement. Something like having to insure all vehicles even if they're locked up, unmoveable etc.....

Not sure of the Vimuk spelling

Regards, Terry
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks Terry,anybody else want to add their "six pennyworth"? smiley,J.B.
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Hi John,
A point just made to me via the MIB, who wrote to say I had an uninsured vehicle. In fact, it was insured with all the rest of the fleet, but, I had asked for laid up cover with the one I don't use, 0 miles on the policy schedule. The MIB take that to mean it is not insured for the road although it is covered for fire, theft etc.
Sorn it is the cure. So if that's what you are referring to, sorn any vehicle and the MIB consider it to satisfy the third party risks, which is what I believe the VMUK agreement was all about.
Paperwork, paperwork............
Regards, Terry
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks Terry,"Laid up Cover", now that's a new one on me,never even heard of it before.The advantage being? Very Happy J.B.
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

It's a cheaper rate simply because you're not doing road miles. I have 4 bikes on laid up and it saved quite a bit, more to spend on maintenance etc !