VCRS AGAIN!

johnbirchjar

VCRS AGAIN!

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys,way back in December when my VCR probs were in vogue wink,"Tony" posted a link about Yambits, and the R/R from Yam:900,well, seeing as I am getting all sorts of grief from Electrex World re: the R/R replacement they sent me evil I thought I may have to look elsewhere,looking at the pic:of the Yam 900 R/R I noticed a block connector(which the Commander hasn't got +few extra wires,namely a Brown and a Green)do they have to be used?and can anyone recommend a alternative to Electrex World(their "After Sales Service" is positively dire) for a R/R replacement?getting a bit fed up,J.B
johnbirchjar

Re: VCRS AGAIN!

Post by johnbirchjar »

So much for Elc:World exclaim,any recommendations for a replacement Reg:Rectifier will be most welcome(A/N don't list any,nore do's Graham evil)rgds,J.B.
mick695

Post by mick695 »

Try these guys

http://www.roadstercycle.com/

I fitted a one of these...

http://www.roadstercycle.com/Shindengen ... 0about.htm

Great piece of kit, fit and forget

Cheers

Mick
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Come on guys!someone must know who supplied the original R/R's for the Police/MOD Commander's J.B.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

JB,
Someone always knows - Norton bought the generator and regulator direct from Kokusan in Japan. Both were also used on the twin-rotor aero engines.
R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thanks for the info: Richard.
I don't suppose you know the model/part number?
I have been "surfing the net" trying to get some answers, with little or no success,AND is it crucial that the R/R is able to handle 370w(most of them seem to "Max Out" at 300w)surely there must other bikes out there that have high cap:generators?especially the enduro/touring models with all the modern electric gizmo's?a getting very frustrated,J.B.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

JB,

Did you try:

Moto-Electrical
Wymondham Business Centre
Eleven Mile Lane
Wymondham
Norwich
Norfolk
NR18 9JL
UNITED KINGDOM
Phone - +44 (0) 1953 603420
Email - sales@motoelectrical.co.uk
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Yep,They couldn't help,I shall just have to keep looking.
It would appear that 370w is not that powerful compared to modern machines smiley,4& 500w is the modern norm.perhaps I will fit one of them cool,but they seem to have lots more wires than the five that I require.
I tried contacting Kukusan direct,no luck there either.J.B.
Anthony Duffield
Site Admin

Post by Anthony Duffield »

JB,

Moto electrical have a Mosfet RR for £132.90, it has 7 wires, three yellow, two red and two black, it has a max charging rate of 50 amps/500 watts far more than the output of your alternator so will work well within its max rating.

The three yellow wires will be the connected to the alternator I think you can connect together the two reds and the two blacks or just use one red and one black but just in case call Moto and ask them.

Copy and paste this into your browser:

https://www.motoelectrical.co.uk/types/ ... -rm30507h/
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi Tony,guys, I have ordered a R/R from "Speed Shop" looks like it should do the trick, Very Happy, I will report anon,ride safe,J.B.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Hi guys.new VCR arrived this morning,Thursday,(so much for their 48 hours delivery wink)hopefully it will deliver the goods,will report anon.
Off to a biker rally tomorrow with a new biker club I am contemplating joining,(Mayflower Motor Cycle Club)a couple of my biker buddies from the NOC are long-time members and highly recommend it,wee will see,ride safe,J.B.