Norton Aurora petrol tank ?

Nortonash

Norton Aurora petrol tank ?

Post by Nortonash »

Hi guys, I havent been on here for awhile, time just seems to disappear. I am currently having a bit of a clear out and came across what I think is an Aurora tank, the prototype of the Classic. I have no idea what it is worth, as I have been out of the loop for sometime and because of its rarity.What would you say would be a good price for it ? It is in very good condition, there is a small dent on one side and the lock part of the cap is broken but apart from that as you can see it is inpretty good nick.Ash
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gripper

Re: Norton Aurora petrol tank ?

Post by gripper »

Hi Ash, Is it alloy or steel?Dave E
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Hi Dave, its alloy.
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

This is the prototype Aurora from around 1979.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Come on guys, 49 views and no ideas about a price ? :-)
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

99 pence,£2,000, who knows?Best to put it out in the market place & see how many people want it & how much [or little], they are willing to pay for it.Derek F.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The last one i saw last year at beula was £200, was what was been asked, i think it was brand new.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

When I was at the Popham bash in the summer I was looking at a Classic on a NOC (I think)club stand,and the tank didn't look "quite right" could'nt put my finger on it,but having now seen the pictures of yours it was very similar,(not that this helps with your pricing )must be worth a couple of hundred quid though,J.B.
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

You may be in that slightly weird position where the item you have is so rare, that anyone needing an Aurora tank may never find one and be willing to pay almost anything for it.......and yet, if you have one to sell, the number of potential buyers is so tiny you may struggle to sell it.I guess we have all failed to buy rare items when they are available and then regretted it....I'm three years into the hunt for a specific early Suzuki GT750 mudguard, a nice one came up on ebay a couple of years back, but it had a tiny dent so I thought I'd wait for a better one....two years later, I'm still waiting....and cursing myself.If you think you might ever need a very rare part, the time to buy it is when you see it.....surely someone will want it.Mick.........
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

Nortonash wrote:Come on guys, 49 views and no ideas about a price ? :-)
Hi DaveI don't really want one but if you really want to get shot of it and as its the season of giving I would put it on fle bay starting at £25 If you keep it I can take to dent out for a small fee you would never know it had been damaged smiley old skills die hard.Ride safeAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Thinking along the same lines as Mick was the reason I bought one of the last of air cooled L/H end plates from Rugely,(just in case smiley)J.B.
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

I have bought a LOT of stuff over the years, just in case :-)
Mick Taylor

Post by Mick Taylor »

Likewise, I have bought piles of parts over the years as an 'insurance policy'.....occasionally I get fed up with tripping over something and get rid of it after harbouring it for years...shortly afterwards I usually have a need for whatever I got rid of or sincerely wish I hadn't let it go.I suspect there is an unflattering medical term for it.......but you might just need that part one day.Help!Mick.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The listings for the pumps in question have now been changed and updated to be more reliable so you now can make your own choice as to the purchase. You pays yer money and takes yer chance....
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Interpol2471 wrote:The listings for the pumps in question have now been changed and updated to be more reliable so you now can make your own choice as to the purchase. You pays yer money and takes yer chance....
Pumps ?
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

wrong thread... red face
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Nortonash

Post by Nortonash »

Very Happy No problem.
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

I'm glad it's not just me Very Happy.J.B.