Classic on ebay

Brian

Classic on ebay

Post by Brian »

Just seen a Classic for sale on ebay situated in Ramsgate with a buy it now price of £15,995. Wow!!!.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Re: Classic on ebay

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

And have a look at this one too .... 350641462658Is it a rotary? Or a Yamaha? The ad is ambiguous ....
Malc

Post by Malc »

Hi David,It is in fact a Yamaha YZF 750, The company buys and converts these bikes to replicate the JPS Norton.There was a 2 page article and test in MCN OCT 10th.That was the reason for the previous ad of YZF750 Norton lookalike. I have a YZF ready for converting if someone would want to. I definately would NOT convert it as the YZF is unique in its own right in motorcycling history.Malc
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Sixteen grand for a Classic! words fail me!J.B.
Rotor 1

Post by Rotor 1 »

16.000 pounds, thats sound more like I will not sell my bike red face Rotor 1
gripper

Post by gripper »

There's not an extra zero on the end of the price by mistake is there? That would make the price a bit more realistic wink
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi allif someone who had not got a clue and paid such a silly amount, you would assume they would insure it, even if its a static bike would the insurers pay up, i know my aggreed pollicy has a clause they can use a there own valuer at the time of the clame to ensure the agreed value is the market value applicable to the condition of the bike. I wonder how they would go on with a claim
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

I think insurers would ask for an independant valuation from an approved valuer before agreeing the policy. It would be a very bold valuer to suggest such a high value, in my opinion.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Its immaterial what value the vendor puts on the Classic. It only gets that value if he finds a buyer at that price.If six Classics appeared on the market at the same time I would expect they would acheive maybe up to £6,000 each due to the market being flooded.Theres only a finite number of punters out there with the desire to own a rotary & more rotary`s coming on the market due to the ageing original ownership profile.A lot of people bought them in there 50`s/60`s over 20 years ago & they are now no longer with us or unable to ride anymore.I guess we are all watching ebay with interest!!Derek F.
gripper

Post by gripper »

With the supply of rotor housings and eccentric shafts drying up, anybody who uses these machines seriously is going to be at the mercy of those that have the parts. I would be tempted to get rid of mine if it were likely to become just a static museum piece. On my current annual mileage that's a few years away yet. What's the life of a moly'd IP2 engine between rebuilds? I would have thought about 80,000 miles.