RCW JPS NORTON FOR SALE FULL DESCRIPTION

norton588

RCW JPS NORTON FOR SALE FULL DESCRIPTION

Post by norton588 »

First off apology’s for the rather short initial advert, I started off with a full out line of the bike but it has gone of somewhere in to the ether! This bike was built by Phil Woodham in 1989 originally with an air cooled motor; in 1992 it was fitted with a RCW motor. The frame is a full Spondon 1990 type (as used in 90 super cup) with the foot rest mounts, swinging arm, rear suspension fittings all being Spondon. The front forks are WP (same as F1) with Harris yokes. Front disc and callipers are also Spondon. Master cylinder is Lockheed as is the rear master. The rear wheel is 1990 PVM with custom made disc. Fuel tank Spondon and body work 1990 race type. The engine is pretty much a full blown 1990/91 RCW with full ejector system and Gibson ejector exhaust. Carbs a Mikuni diaphragm type. The paint scheme/graphics are from the 1990 bikes, the paint used at that time was a gold metallic and tended to look a little different from 89-92. I have 12 original panels of the race bikes and all differ in shade on the black gold and gray. The bike is fitted with 2 clocks a rev counter and a speedo, the speedo is there due to the bike being fully road legal; it must be the only RCW that’s on the road! Bikes are often call “head turners” if they are different from the crowed! Well park this one up on Douglas sea front at the TT and stand by! Also fitted with a side stand, Phil thought of every thing. Now for performance; F1 riders will understand best the first bit……below 30 mph it’s a total pig! Open the throttle and my god it moves as smooth as hell and it just pulls on and on revving up to 12000rpm, it will run all day at 80/90 mph it just loves to be on the throttle, perhaps a little to rich on the carbs for the slow stuff. Top speed? Never got to it! The strait at Mallory Park is very short on this. Handling faultless! But remember is a very snug fit for the rider. All in all it’s a joy to ride, and as for the sound of the exhaust, fantastic. As with the rotary motor it gets hot in traffic but it’s fitted with 2 new race rads made with the help of Norton motors, so it’s fine on the road or track. I have used the bike on the road up until 2 years ago. Only used at some classic meeting just on parade laps etc. I have never hammered it or over rev it, you just don’t need to, its fast enough. It has had a full gear box and engine check less that 600 mils ago, no problems found. I have a number of parts that will go with the bike including engine parts a set of WP GP forks with Harris yokes as per the 1990 bike, body work etc. The bike is only advertised on the ROC site at the moment as its not every ones cup of tea. There are a lot “buckaroos” out there that don’t understand the difference in riding/looking after a rotary, its better that they stick to the R1’s etc. I have a friend that rides an R1 I let him ride the Norton he loved it, but said the brakes were shit and the gear box felt a little agricultural but he could not believe the handling. That’s about it so it’s a one off and you won’t find any up for sale. I have had it since 1996 it has never let me down (apart from some plug fouling) after short runs. As for the reg number it is E20 JPS and is SORN at the moment. Happy to take any questions via the PM on the ROC site or m.mclaren3@ntlworld.com tel 01522 800135. Price? Happy to discuss with any serious buyers. But in answer to one question, yes it will be more that an F1. Click on pics to enlarge. I will try to remove the first 2 adds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.