Wanted F1

Mac99

Wanted F1

Post by Mac99 »

Hello, I am looking for an F1. I realise they are hard to come buy but am ready with cash burning a hole!Any advice etc will be much appreciated.ThanksMac
Wayne

Re: Wanted F1

Post by Wayne »

Hi MacIt may be worth advertising in the club mags as not every one goes on the forum, i got my black F1 sport through Roadholder ,the Noc magazine. Also I am surprised that sometimes people don’t read the wanted ads and have a bike for sale.Also there was a time when people bought F1’s and did not get on with them, and the same bike seamed to change hands, I do think this is no longer the case, they are defiantly not turning up for sale as much. I noticed the National Museum has two F1’s now, I would be surprised if they bought it as they have disposed of some bikes, including one experimental air cooled rotary bike and turned down the offer to buy others. I am sure one will turn up for sale, it’s a matter of regularly checking the web, magazines and talking to people, may be even go to some of the rallies ectRegards Wayne
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

F1 sport for sale on ebayRegards Wayne
Mac99

Post by Mac99 »

Wayne wrote:F1 sport for sale on ebayRegards Wayne
Hi Wayne seen the blue sport on EBay - 1992 new not registered. Spoke to original owner who bought new. On auction for another 6 days.If you had a choice for similar budget would you buy this or an as new 91 FI in JPS?CheersMac
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Having had an F.1. for four years I loved looking at it but did not enjoy riding it much.I think the F.1. Sport is ugly, especially in blue, so I wouldn`t buy one of those.Whatever you buy, try & get one that has been moly treated if you intend to use it.Personally, if I wanted one I would go for the nearly new F.1.The blue F.1. Sport on ebay will achieve a high price due to it not having been used.As soon as it clocks up some miles it will probably devalue to some extent because it will not be exclusive & new but will be the same as any other that comes up for sale.Derek F.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllI differ from dericks opinion, the blue in the flesh looks totaly differant its metalic blue, I am under instruction from SWMBO it can not be sold se likes it so mutch, although in the photos when i bought my bike i was of a similar opinion to derick, and was prepaird to buy a set of bodywork and paint it the same as a chap in germany F1 Sport in proper JPS racing coulours. for me this is the best looking F1 or Sport i have seen. As a expriment i fitted my f1 side pannels to my black F1 Sport and it looked alot better, all black they doo look a bit bland.If you are a bmw or tourer type then go for a sport, If you think Jotas, RG500 ECT are nice bikes to ride in town or live on the IOM then you may be ok with a F1. Personaly i dont think theres mutch differance and there both nice bikes. If i want to go to the shops i go on my ThunderbirdAlso anyone thinking you get Nrs performance think again by modern standards they are not that fast, but have good handeling. Unfortunatly i would not be suprised if a museum buys it I know of two new F1 Sports this one and one without a engine and that sold for £12k in belgum. On F1's i am still convinced there are more new ones than registerd ones (but what do i Know, but i was told in around 92 by the factory only 30 were registerd for the road, dont know if this is correct, Jo, Bob or Richard may whish to comment).Regards Wayne
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Just heard from a newbie on the forum that he has a brand new F1 to sell ......Just wait for his posting!DC
Rotor 1

Post by Rotor 1 »

For those who can finf on ebay, Item number: 27095023144316.100 pounds, who can afford it? And who will buy it for that idiot price?
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

I think it will go over 20 grand, mad I know, but there are people out there buying up bikes to whom this sort of money is chicken feed.Its just another investment for them. Money is doing nothing in bank accounts & bikes are easy to store.My only wish is that I owned it & could make some big bucks.I sold my F.1. for £9,600 seven years ago.Derek F.
litoskin

Post by litoskin »

i thought it could be sold at higher price than 17.700.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

The very same F1 sport has just reappeared on Ebay but from a different seller. Smells fishy to me. It's probably a highjacked Ebay account as there is a contact link on the page that avoids the normal Ebay messaging system, which probably goes straight to a very friendly chap in Nigeria who will tell you he can ship it anywhere in the world as long as you send him the reaidies first.
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

Having nothing better to do on a rainy day, I replied to the scammer selling the non existent F1 sport. Here is the email conversation:Scammer:From: Nik Papadakis <kapapa90@gmail.com>To: johnny <johnnyforerskins@yahoo.co.uk> (made up name!)Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2012, 11:39Subject: Re: NORTON F1Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry about the late reply. The bike is in pristine condition, no problems here, no VAT added. The buy it now price including shipping is £6,100 (delivered anywhere in the UK). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. Let me know if you want details on how to complete the sale. I attached pictures. It's located in AberdeenThank you, NikolaosMe:Hi, Yes please send me details of how you would like to complete the deal. Could you tell me whether the bike has the desmodromic valve gear? I believe the factory fitted it to some of the bikes, but not all of them.Thankyou,JohnnyScammer:[/b]Not sure about the desmodromic valve gear. I must tell you that the bike belonged to my brother who unfortunately passed away 7 months ago. I also have my son in the hospital back in Greece. I am out of the country most of the time and because of that i chose to handle the sale online through eBay. This way we can both be protected and insured. I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay. An inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. My friend is not in Aberdeen and will be traveling from a distance so I must be sure and not put him on the road based on words, no one would, because I have no one in Aberdeen.You will receive the bike in 3-4 days and you will have the chance to inspect it for 5 days. The bike will be delivered directly to your requested address as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from eBay. Also you will have to put your decision there and whether it will be an " Yes. i keep the bike" or " No, I want to return the bike" (in case it isn't as i described it), eBay will either advance the funds to me or give you a refund and my friend will collect the bike. If you want it, let me know your ebay user id along with a phone number and your name, address where it must be delivered so i can register the sale with ebay to proceed. If you will decide to not go through now then is not a problem I still quite have a few more offers from potential buyers. Hopefully, I made myself understood and we will be closing the deal. I look forward to hearing from you soon. My forwarded number is 01224466344 NikolaosMe:Thank you for your reply. It would be beneficial to you if you could find out whether it has the desmodromic valve gear, because if it has, it would be a very rare bike. In fact, so rare and valuable that I would be embarrased to give you as little as £6,100 for it. I would have to offer you £35,000 for it because if I gave you any less I would be cheating you and your brother's memory and your poor sick child. Wishing you kindest regards and eternal blessings,JohnnyI haven't had a reply back yet. Perhaps he is still trying to work out whether the imaginary bike has valves.
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Rustynuts,I love it! And very much envy you for getting the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy an F1 with desmodromic valve gear. Must tell Richard Negus about it- he never told me they made those! And must look in the Hungerford stores if we have parts left from the development.Still laughing,Joe Seifert
Rotor 1

Post by Rotor 1 »

Hi All,There are some germans who sell there rotarys, F1 sport (588) and Commander at the following site;http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/motorrad marke norton and look .Also at laughing prices!!!!!! Very Happy or not mr Seiffert??Rotor1
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

Rotor1,Let them try- not my problem. I know the seller of the F1Sport, he is not a crook. He is a dealer who had this idea he might make a killing on the rare bike he just bought. I doubt it will work, but then, who knows? I know of no other F1Sport for sale on the continent at the moment.Joe
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllMy Blue F1 sport which was located in holland was also on one of these sites, they were selling it on be half of the vendor at a massive markup, when it did not sell the vendor sold it via this site at a very resnoble price. Not every thing is a scam. It could be interesting on the desmo though as Pa Norton himself patented the idea but never followed it up to my knoledge.Shortly i will be talking about a 89 RCW thats joind the stable, (any one want late 2001 daytona, the 147 bhp model, i need the room, I have a f1 frame as well if you want a modern triton), you just never know what will turn up, have a look at this months classic racer?You never know what will turn up unexpectedRegards wayne
Tig

Post by Tig »

I know there has been a few requests for a F1 so i thought i would let you know that there is a very nice looking bikes at Red Dog Motorcycles in Edenbride, Kent.Advertised on Ebay yeasterday for £27,995 but appeared today at £19,995 so not sure what happened there....4000 miles and genuine bike.RegardsTig
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

The blue F1Sports from e-bay was sold to Germany. the buyer contacted me and has the bike.Nick Papadakis no doubt has a different one- out of the thousands of blue F1Sports produced.....
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi AllJo is right, i keep telling SWHMBO that my rotarys are getting up to somthing when i am not in the garrage as they keep appering. Jo i think the buyer of the blue F1 was a lucky man the seller had the end time at 9 am on a sunday morning had thet been 7pm i think the price may have been more. I have the other blue F1 sport, The green F1 sport has surfaced less a engine.There are quite a few Commanders appering for sale, recently as well
Geoff2

Post by Geoff2 »

Tig wrote:I know there has been a few requests for a F1 so i thought i would let you know that there is a very nice looking bikes at Red Dog Motorcycles in Edenbride, Kent.Advertised on Ebay yeasterday for £27,995 but appeared today at £19,995 so not sure what happened there....4000 miles and genuine bike.RegardsTig
Hi Tig - I have been toying with the idea of buying an F1, and I came across this one on ebay too. However, it's the one that Dell Boy from these forums used to own, and he reported quite a few engine problems and rebuilds. I'm a bit wary about it for that reason, especially at that price. What do you reckon?
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

It was a good bike when I sold it having had a factory rebuilt motor & moly treated but had done about 10,000 miles when I sold it. Molyed at 7,000.It was running fine 8 years ago & if I had liked riding it I would still own it. Also, they are very wide & take up a lot of room in a garage. It was fantastic up to the ton but slow over it & in traffic a bloody nightmare.It didn`t give me enough smiles per mile to keep it.It is the bike on the DUKE Norton video if it is my old one.Personally, I would value it at £14,000 tops.Derek F.
Geoff2

Post by Geoff2 »

Interesting! The bike is being advertised by Red Dog as having done 4083 miles! That's all I need to hear - when you're talking about this sort of money, I'd only want to be involved in a 'grown-ups' sale. Any sign of anything underhand and I'd walk away, which is what I'm going to do with this one.I understand about the impracticality of using these beasts as work horses, but I've got my trusty old VFR for that. I was after the Norton as an alternative to my money earning nothing in the bank and as something to turn heads on the few occasions a year when the sun comes out!
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

I spoke with Red Dog Motorcycles today who were interested in what has been said ....This machine is NOT Derek's H439 AUE .... it is a different bike, which apparently was bought by the present owner from Carl Rosner ....DavidPS/ Many thanks to all who have said nice things about the club's 30th bash .... it was great to see everyone and Margaret, Stuart and I are delighted you enjoyed it.
Geoff2

Post by Geoff2 »

Thanks David - my bad! (I can make out most of the registration plate on the ebay photos. This one has obviously got a similar, number to Derek's - and as it's also in Kent, I put 2 and 2 together and got 5.)Do you know if the Engine has been moly'd? And are Red Dog likely to negotiate? Providing the bike's kosher, I'm interested, but I'm getting the impression that the asking price is a bit high for a registered bike.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Hi Geoff,I cannot vouch for the engine having been moly'd .... that should be factored in to any offered price. I think Graham stamps a 'M' suffix to the engine number for those engines he does, but the absence of the 'M' would not necessarily mean it hasn't been.The bike was in our club register of machines, but no details of current / most recent owner (who has never been a club member).I have never had any dealings with RDM .... I don't know if it's their machine to sell, or if it's being advertised on behalf of its owner ... but like with an estate agency, if you go in with an offer, they should pass it onto the owner who can accept / reject it.Good luck in your quest!David
Geoff2

Post by Geoff2 »

That's really useful info - thanks David. I'm on the other side of the country but I'll give Red Dog a call when I'm next heading down to the South East, which will be in a few weeks. Obviously, the 'right' price is whatever anyone is prepared to pay for it but having read around, I get the impression that this is no more than £15k for a 'used' bike at the moment.If I do take the plunge, no doubt I'll be back on here asking why I can't find the pistons etc...
Tig

Post by Tig »

Evening all !I should really wait to check the registration number but ....... as its been mentioned above......I think H439 AUE is the bike I bought from Richard N after he had moly'd and rebuilt the engine in 2007; certainly it had come from Kent and the previous owner had spent several thousand pounds. I road to the Isle of Man for the TT in 2007 and she ran perfectly in every respect, mates who had a go also fell in love (they had Yamaha RD 500, modern Triumphs Daytona, Sprint 1050 and BMW 1200 GS for comparison).In 2008 a mate loaned me the value of the bike so we could move house and thought he would use it till I could buy it back or decide what to do with her. In the end he only did maybe 500 miles before circumstances dictated he could not ride it .... I then collected her a couple of weeks back and delivered her to Paul SLEEMAN at Hesketh Motoryclycles in Kingswood Surrey in time for an open day and Jubilee Celebrations. Hopefully she will be on the road again very soon, the only issue for me is that compared to say a Commander they like to rev and be kept on the boil; though I prefer riding around back lanes which I think perfectly suits a Hesketh.I found her really comfortable and was fine to ride back from Heysham to Surrey in one go without any pain whatsoever. They are Gorgeous bikes and fabulous to ride; ideal for fast A or B roads, I am really glad I bought her and am torn as to if I should sell or not..... I know values are down to the individual and to some its extravagant and others peanuts but when you consider they were £13,000 new 24 years ago just £5,000 or so more now seems like an absolute bargain (thats why i bought her).... think about what a house cost back then V now ?Regards Tig
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

So do we know which bike this is as the money still seems high to me especially with no history, I too would like an F1 but this seems too high especially if the engine is not a good one? The above confused the hell out of me ...Thanks Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....