On the scrounge

rustynuts

On the scrounge

Post by rustynuts »

Does anybody out there have a Norton clutch locking tool they could lend me, or alternatively a couple of old unwanted clutch plates that could be bolted together to make one?cheersRob
Dell Boy

Re: On the scrounge

Post by Dell Boy »

I put it in gear & lock the back wheel with a lump of wood through the spokes of the wheel bearing on both sides of the swinging arm & use at the very least a three foot bar to undo the clutch nut.Derek.
Ian

Post by Ian »

And I thought it was only me that did that!
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

rustynuts wrote:Does anybody out there have a Norton clutch locking tool they could lend me, or alternatively a couple of old unwanted clutch plates that could be bolted together to make one?cheersRob
Hi RobWe all do things we regret and putting wood metal or anything through spokes in a wheel is asking for trouble you only need a gorilla to have tightened the clutch nut and something has to give and your spokes have not been make for levering against and bent spokes will are a right pain to replace its an MOT failure but also weaken your wheel to make it wobble.Get the proper tool for the job its safer in the long run.Ride SafeAndy wink
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!
gripper

Post by gripper »

I've got one, where abouts in the world are you?Dave E
rustynuts

Post by rustynuts »

I'm in Hampshire, in between Basingstoke and and Winchester.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

andy588tt wrote:
rustynuts wrote:Does anybody out there have a Norton clutch locking tool they could lend me, or alternatively a couple of old unwanted clutch plates that could be bolted together to make one?cheersRob
Hi RobWe all do things we regret and putting wood metal or anything through spokes in a wheel is asking for trouble you only need a gorilla to have tightened the clutch nut and something has to give and your spokes have not been make for levering against and bent spokes will are a right pain to replace its an MOT failure but also weaken your wheel to make it wobble.Get the proper tool for the job its safer in the long run.Ride SafeAndy wink