Wanted Classic petrol tank

Robert14

Wanted Classic petrol tank

Post by Robert14 »

Very Happy Hello,looking for a Classic petrol tank!RegardsRobert
Richard Negus

Re: Wanted Classic petrol tank

Post by Richard Negus »

Definition of an optimist?Thinking there's a spare Classic tank somewhere.If he was provided with a sample tank, Alan Woodward could make an excellent new one for you. But, without a sample ................
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

HiGive allan a ring, he has new f1 tank pressings, i have lent him a f1 sport tank so another member could have one made, he may have classic skins made up otherwise you would have to borrow a tank (as i dont own a classic yet so cant help) his number is 01778 570349Regards Wayne
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Hello mates,well, as a father of three "official" kids, still living at home, and a driver of Norton bikes you have to be an optimistic one!Does anyone have the mail adress of Alen, so I can contact him?My spoken English is not as fluent as it used to be!Best RegardsRobert
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hialan prefers the phone to email however his email is awoodward2@toucansurf.comRegards Wayne
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

If all other avenues have been exhausted, come winter, when I have stoped riding any sort of distance,my Classic tank can be used as a pattern,any idea how long Allen? would need to hang on to it?and like Richard says,Classic tanks must be as rare as the preverbial hens teeth!!(and rocking horse poo) regards,J.B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hiallen required my tank for 2 1/2 weeks. with no origonal press tools left to boot. It will depend on his work load at the time. Alan and his late father don made the origonal classic tanks and i know he made a couple of tanks after production stoped for interpol conversions.In realty turning up a tank would proberly be from someone who has never got round to building a classic from a interpol but has some of the bits. I am amazed how mutch stuff is still out there some of it rusting away in sheds and garages slowly turning to scrap due to incorrect storage and never checking it from time to time. if i dont fondel my ecentric shaft(s) once a month i get depressed. Thanks to graham giving me some acf 50 to try in order to prevent the rust fariy appearingRegards Wayne
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Wayne wrote:Hi Alan and his late father don made the origonal classic tanks and i know he made a couple of tanks after production stoped for interpol conversions.Not correct, they were made by Terry Baker who worked in a shed in a scrap yard in East Tilbury. Very simple press tools, gas welded, lots of filler and painted by Lewis & Templeton. Terry went to Eire soon after the last Classic tanks were finished, but I don't know where he is now, or even if he's making tanks.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
gripper

Post by gripper »

Just Googled "Terry Baker petrol tanks" and got to a website called TABII run by Terry's son in law. Seems Terry passed away last year from cancer. The company make a good selection of alloy tanks and are based in Wales.Dave E
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi richardIs the guy who made the classic tanks, did he hve an accident where a tank repair cach fire while welding one, he then whent in to semi retirement. My minds in a bit of a muddle and it looks like i have got the two people mixed up, .Regaurds wayne