NGK

bill

NGK

Post by bill »

Hi all Can anyone tell my which Rotary club member to call to order two NGKs and send to portugal......
Interpol2471

Re: NGK

Post by Interpol2471 »

That would be David, he is on the forum as Kanonkopdrinker. I am sure he will be along in a minute, but send him a PM and he will send you his details.Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Are these for the Royal Blue Commander in Portugal?Derek.
bill

Post by bill »

Hi Derek my commander was ordered from shenstone and delivered in 94 to North portugal.. a few years ago l found the bike in a storage unit in Porto thanks to Peter and Richard. After spending time in workshop the bike last year spent 8 months in the sun exploring central Portugal.. The bike is green ( factory) if you know of another here please let my know its whereabouts.... Bill.
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

When at the Norton international rally in Lisbon I was asked to look at a Commander which would not start. It is owned by the chairman of the local classic bike club but his name escapes me though I may be able to get it for you. The club organised the International rally.The bike was located in a good sized warehouse full of classic cars, bikes & spare parts.A real Alladins cave of vehicles all just thrown in all higglee piggelly & covered in dust, but dry!I pumped oil into the chambers of the Commander, fitted a jump battery & it burst into life.The engine though was badly scored & unusable.In conversation with the owners son who spoke excellent english he said his father never sold any vehicles he had collected so it would stay in the warehouse in Lisbon. He had bought it new from the Portugese Norton dealer & though it had 41,000 miles on it it had already had one engine rebuild by the Portugese dealer but not moly coated.Thats the most I can tell you at present.Derek.
bill

Post by bill »

Hi Derek. Made calls and father is Olando Moto .....But l can not get a contact for him or the son... When l go to Lisboa in the next few mouths l can call round and ask if help is needed................ P.S. Looking at the other bike is good as well ....... BILL Thanks
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

Hello Bill, Thats the guy. He did ask me, I think, if I could rebuild it for him but I declined. Anyway I think that was the gist of the conversation but he wouldn`t sell it.Cheers,Derek.