What are Classics worth?

Devon

What are Classics worth?

Post by Devon »

Someone has emailed me about buying my Classic. I am out of touch with the value of these bikes. It is number 93 and it has a interpol fairing fitted. I expect any new owner would remove the fairing and return the bike to original condition. The bike has covered less than 4000 miles. Thanks for any help in advance.
Assen

Re: What are Classics worth?

Post by Assen »

Between 5000 and 7500,- pounds? Depending condition!With only 4000 miles in very good condition, 6950,- pounds in my very very humble opinion!!Know that there are silly people about willing to pay silly money though.....Groet, Jannes
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

As with any sale, as much as the prospective buyer feels it is worth, or, the least you feel its worth & are willing to accept.You cannot put a "book" price on unusual or rare items. They find there own value which is where an auction can be the best course of action so prospective buyer & the seller know that is the value of the machine on the day it is sold.Stick it on a ebay auction with a reserve price that you are happy to accept to cover yourself.Derek.
Devon

Post by Devon »

They are certainly hard M/Cs to value. Ebay seems to be as good as anywhere to sell nowadays. I will put it on there in the next month or so and see what happens.
wust588

Post by wust588 »

It might be worth considering returning the bike to original spec, if you do really want to sell it.
Devon

Post by Devon »

wust588 wrote:It might be worth considering returning the bike to original spec, if you do really want to sell it.
I think I will advertise it with the fairing in place. It makes the bike unique and the weather protection it affords might appeal to a buyer, as it did to the previous owner who must have spent a considerable amount of money adding the fairing . If there is not enough interest in the m/c I can take the fairing off and advertise the bike in standard form later in the year.
litoskin

Post by litoskin »

i think the value of your bike could be much more than 6000 £ probably near 10000 or even more if the bike is in perfect shape and you have all original parts.the best solution if you want to sell your bike at the right price is to get in touch with some good old motorcycle resellers like: http://www.classic-motorbikes.com/ but there are many others on the web...some years ago they sold one classic at a very high price (i'm not sure but i remember about 20K) .regardsmarco
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

I think the realistic value of an original Classic could be between 8 - 9000 BP wink
Devon

Post by Devon »

The Classic is now advertised on ebay.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-NORTON-SILVE ... 35affa7be0