manual - oil

Paolo

manual - oil

Post by Paolo »

Hi everybody.I'm fro Italy, new to this forum.I'd like to know two things:1) I have got a Commander: I already have got the workshop manual for Interpol 2, but I need that one of the Commander. Do you know where can I find it?2) Now that the Shell Rotella 40 doesn't exist anymore, which other oli can I use? I'd like the best.Thank you
850mk3

Re: manual - oil

Post by 850mk3 »

1I'd like to know too.I suspect one doesn't exist.Does one exist?2Many opinions are around.I use Castrol TTS synthetic 2 stroke oil. The previous owner recommended it and it has been working fine for many thousands of miles usage. I have not fouled a plug since I got the bike over 7000 miles ago.Synthetic doesn't mix with organic oils so a very small changeover period is demanded. It may even require purging old oil first.Get other opinions.
Cheers\nChris aka 850mk3\nMy family is:\nP53 Civilian Commander\nES2 1956 \n3x 850mk3 Commandos
cornishman

Re: MANUAL

Post by cornishman »

Hi to both of you, I think Norton motors do a manual for the commander also a handbook hope that helps with a wiring diagram in the back 850mk3 if you send your Email to me I will try to copy the diagrams to you. davidatcapon8dotorangehomedotcodotuk replace where neccesary
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Is there a problem getting Shell Rotella T oil over there?I was just in the local FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) and they have it in liter cans, one gallon cans, five gallon cans, straight 30, and 15W40. They can order straight 40, I think I bought some a few months ago at a 7-11 or similar.If we are talking about the same stuff, there's no problem at all with availability here. (Should I send some?)Best Regards,FloridaMike("Anything to declare?" Nope, just this 55 gallon drum of Rotella 40 oil . . . ")
Dell Boy

Post by Dell Boy »

In Spain you can get REPSOL SERIES 3, SAE 30 straight diesel oil easily in filling stations. Possibly in Italy too?I use COMMA HD 30 straight diesel oil & have done for many,many thousands of miles.There is a Commander manual based around the Interpol 2 manual with the differences hand written in but with no illustrations relating to water cooled Commander.It helps but is not ideal & does have some mistakes in it.Derek.
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Hallo Paolo,for the manuals and parts try http://www.nortonmotors.com/Oil:I`m from Germany and use CASTROL CRD-DB40 SAE40 in my Classic and Commander.The engines are always clean and run perfect!If you don´t get it in Italy tell me - I`m very often in Alto Adige or Friuli - so I can send it there to you!Once I run out of oil with my Commander in Arezzo/Italy and got a SAE40 mineral oil at a Caterpillar shop.Nice people and very good wine!RegardsRobert
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Robert14 wrote:Hallo Paolo,for the manuals and parts try http://www.nortonmotors.com/Oil:I`m from Germany and use CASTROL CRD-DB40 SAE40 (25l boxes)in my Classic and Commander.The engines are always clean and run perfect!If you don´t get it in Italy tell me - I`m very often in Alto Adige or Friuli - so I can send it there to you!Once I run out of oil with my Commander in Arezzo/Italy and got a SAE40 mineral oil at a Caterpillar shop.Nice people and very good wine!RegardsRobert
Paolo

Post by Paolo »

Hi, thanks very much for all the suggestions.I wish you all a very happy new year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy