desperately seeking engines ! f1 or commander

headturtle

desperately seeking engines ! f1 or commander

Post by headturtle »

hey guys im looking to lay my hands on some f1 engines with gearboxes ( stop laughing ) i know its a tall order but its one im stuck with , if anybody know to any (or even bits to build them ) could you please contact me 07840463025 ask for aaron thanks
lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave and slip in safely in a well preserved body but to skid in sideways totally worn screaming "holy shit what a ride!"
graham

Re: desperately seeking engines ! f1 or commander

Post by graham »

Interesting!Who are you, what do you want to do with these engines. We're all having to be cautious about selling such rare parts.Too many people just want to hoarde them....
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Very interesting !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

easybetween 13-18k and you get a compleate bike thrown in, its the only way i think i am going to get an engine, i have been looking a while have only come across one engine for sale. and could not lockate all the parts to build a compleate engine
gripper

Post by gripper »

Strange that someone doesn't seem fussed whether he ends up with Commander or F1 engines since they differ by so much. He is obviously ignorant of the current situation regarding availability of these items. More homework required? interesting user name.
graham

Post by graham »

Here goes, I'm sure we're all thinking it so I'll say it :-)That's the new Norton Company all over I guess. Just like all the other Norton Motors as far back as James Lansdowne.Skint but wildly enthusiastic!Can we help? Should we help? Am I mistaken as to the identity of 'headturtle'Assuming I'm right and this is a cry for help from the only people in the world trying to create a new rotary motorcycle I would love to help butshouldn't this company be producing parts for us rather than the other way round!?Graham.
TRL

Post by TRL »

I googled 'headturtle' and found an entry in Facebook for a guy called Aaron could be the same one, obviously it didn't mention Norton, but the guy does seem interested in unusual bike projects.
Richard Negus

Time to come clean !

Post by Richard Negus »

C'mon Aaron Astbury aka headturtle, time to come clean and tell us what an employee of Norton Motors (UK) Ltd wants with old Norton F1 and Commander engines. After your time at Rugeley, you should really know the situation.For a troll to work, it ought to contain a hint of truth. smiley
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
headturtle

Post by headturtle »

well as it seems some of you have done some homework and as richard negus is aware of my full identity i dont suppose i can hide any longer. i do not wish to buy these parts to hoard them and i am aware of the current state with them however i would still like to put these engines to some use if they are available , thanks aaron headturtle astbury .
lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave and slip in safely in a well preserved body but to skid in sideways totally worn screaming "holy shit what a ride!"
gripper

Post by gripper »

Wouldn't we all.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

hi alli would like to purchas an engine for an f1 along with any other surplus parts, i wish to buld a special and the other parts to keep my sport and f1 on the road. is this hording? in my view not both my bikes are riden and hard, if any one was at the festival of 1000 bikes they would have seen this as i was out on the sport.curently i requir a wiring harnes for my sport as the origonal has been messed with and i wish to keep it standard. is this hording i think not.if any surplus parts are in existance then it could be argued they are been horded, what do we do get the noc or roc to buy up all stocks as they become available. untill this happens i will buy a sensible level of stock parts i come across them to keep my bikes on the roadam i guilty of hoarding you decideregards wayne
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Yes Wayne I believe you are, and on that note you should give me your F1 so I can look after it and take it for a nice weekend ride then you could be seen as a caring and sharing type of guy wink Did that work? Very Happy On the note of hoarding I still have millions of oil seals if anyone needs some lol
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
gripper

Post by gripper »

I suppose hoarding depends on how you interpret "some" as in the original advert " some F1 engines with gearboxes" how many is some? Ten, Twelve? maybe a measly two!!
FloridaMike

Post by FloridaMike »

Hoarding . . . very gray area here.Having spares for your own bike's anticipated needs in some reasonable mileage in the future isn't hoarding.Having TONS of spares which you'll NEVER use up in twelve lifetimes is hoarding, especially if they are badly stored in a leaky shed and are deteriorating.Having tons of spares for sale is a business. Charging out the wazoo for them (as in "cornering the market") can be unethical if you take advantage of people. If the holding costs are low, that reduces your "ethical" price. If the parts have to be kept in sterile super-cooled cryogenic containers stored on the moon, your price can (and should) be higher.Hoarding is in the eyes of both the owner and the person who needs the parts - hopefully, some agreement can be reached and no one feels particularly screwed over (technical term).People collect all kinds of stuff for all (or no) reasons.Best Regards,Florida Mike/soap box mode off/
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Allnew end plates for a commander on ebaynote i have no conection with the sellerRegards wayne
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Hi Wayne what is the item number as I cannot find them?Thanks Paul
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi'they were on a buy it now, at @£250 seller junk sport, this guy apparantly has a rcw. didnt they go quick and proberly a bargan even un molyed
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

classic at £7100 and interplod 1/2 there £600.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

the above bikes on ebay now under norton rotary
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Now here's an option ... why not, instead of spending time and a small fortune developing a brand new bike engine, source a few Mazda RX-8 engines and put those in a bike frame? The R&D has already been done by Mazda, and you have a tried and tested power unit.No-one thought any less of Mr Van Veen when he used Comotor car engines in his OCR1000 - and I am sure no-one would think any less of Mr Garner were he to go down the Mazda route. (Indeed the prototype OCR1000 did actually use a Mazda engine - from an RX-2 I believe)
gripper

Post by gripper »

Yes I suppose 230 BHP would come in quite handy, nought to casualty in about 5 seconds. Has Mazda not now dropped the RX8 from it's range?
headturtle

Post by headturtle »

kanonkopdrinker wrote:Now here's an option ... why not, instead of spending time and a small fortune developing a brand new bike engine, source a few Mazda RX-8 engines and put those in a bike frame? The R&D has already been done by Mazda, and you have a tried and tested power unit.No-one thought any less of Mr Van Veen when he used Comotor car engines in his OCR1000 - and I am sure no-one would think any less of Mr Garner were he to go down the Mazda route. (Indeed the prototype OCR1000 did actually use a Mazda engine - from an RX-2 I believe)
have you compared the weight of a mazda engine to a norton engine ????
ZFD

Post by ZFD »

"No-one thought any less of Mr Van Veen when he used Comotor car engines in his OCR1000 - and I am sure no-one would think any less of Mr Garner were he to go down the Mazda route. (Indeed the prototype OCR1000 did actually use a Mazda engine - from an RX-2 I believe)"Good job VanVeen built so few bikes not many people have seen the contraption in the flesh. Ideally suited to the average(?) 12foot biker, because everything is twice the size of a real motorcycle. As for any new "rotary Nortons", we won't see any, ever, I believe.
andy588tt

Post by andy588tt »

gripper wrote:Yes I suppose 230 BHP would come in quite handy, nought to casualty in about 5 seconds. Has Mazda not now dropped the RX8 from it's range?
Hi GripperAccording to the Mazda dealer in Norwich Mazda are still making the Rotary RX8 TO ORDER! Also coming is a smaller Rotary engine that is going to be fitted to this all new small sports car from Mazda, The car was shown at the Tokyo Show and its going to revive the old name of RX7 again.This new car didnt float my boat but this new Rotary Engine is interesting should Norton be looking at this engine before the money runs out! only time will tell or we all get to old to ride it? if it comes. smiley Ride SafeAndy
Ha ha eat my oily clag !!!!!!