Commander - what coulorß

Robert14

Commander - what coulorß

Post by Robert14 »

Hello,I want to respray my commander. What colours are the original ones?RegardsRobert
Richard Negus

Re: Commander - what coulorß

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Robert,Jaguar Dorchester Grey - for the grey ones.For the other colours, not recorded.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Robert14

Post by Robert14 »

Hi Richard,does this mean that only the grey ones have the original coulour, and all the other commanders where sprayed as the clients wished it?Are there any nice two colours sprayed ones?So they look a little bit more slimmer?Regards from the sunny alps with absolute blue sky and warm weather ( +12°! The first time this year!).Robert
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Hi Robert,Dorchester Grey was the standard colour for the integral pannier Commander (=model P53) ; other colours were available to special order, including Candy Red and various greens, and blues (mostly metallic). White ones were also popular, but these were not a painted colour but polished white gel-coat.Krauser Commanders (=modelP53K) were all done in optional colours or a few in polished white.I don't believe there is any record remaining of the actual optional colours. The Candy red ones were supposed to be the same as the Commando Candy Red, but most seem to have faded in sunlight to a variegated red/gold.My Commander was a special order polished white with a red panel. The front guard is an original red Kawasaki item which matches the panels in most lights.R.
157.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!