Commander Special for sale

mfremlin

Commander Special for sale

Post by mfremlin »

Hi all.
Just a heads up to anyone looking for a historically interesting water cooled Commander. I'm selling my Commander special to fund another rotary project. It is currently listed on Ebay Item number: 124101560654 so for photos please take a look. Frame number is 4002 which I believe was the first completed water cooled Commander and started life with the RAC. Included in the sale is all the RAC gubbins and it would take no real effort to return the bike to standard if required. Comes with some good spares too including spare exhaust manifold, radiator, carbs etc. The engine and chassis was rebuilt by Richard N of this parish and is mollied.

Cheers, Mark.
mfremlin

Re: Commander Special for sale

Post by mfremlin »

Well the bike sold and the good news it was purchased by the Isle of Man motor museum in Jurby. This year they are doing a exhibition of rotary powered vehicles. Definitely worth a visit if any members are on the island this year. The museum will be displaying the bike as a special and then over next winter restoring it back to the original RAC livery.