INTERPLUS (Mick O'Neil's prototype for sale

smenkhare

INTERPLUS (Mick O'Neil's prototype for sale

Post by smenkhare »

Hi, my name is Jim Ashton and I'm probably one of the oldest members of the club, after David and Margaret. I am selling my Interplus. If you are looking for a sedate cruiser, it's not for you, it has rearsets and clip-ons, which is why I'm selling it (I'm 65). It was Mick O'Neil's prototype for the Interplus, is pale green and was one of the 2 on the front cover of Classic Bike (dont remember which one but I can find out) together with a yellow one, which is also, like mine, in Luxembourg. The only changes I have made is to replace the brake lines with modern stainless coated ones and painted the red wheel rims bronze. I have lots of photos but I'have not yet found out how to upload them (it won't accept my username and password), so, if you are interested, e-mail me. I guess the forum allows that, if not, post me a reply.The asking price is 7500 Euros.Jim Ashton.
smenkhare

Re: INTERPLUS (Mick O'Neil's prototype for sale

Post by smenkhare »

I have now posted some photos (Jim Ashton)Jim.
george1045

Post by george1045 »

Hi Jim, not wanting to buy your bike but a query on the rest of your message. When you say the oldest do you mean in age or long term member of ROC. I still have my original membership stating member no 3 !!!!Anyway how goes it with you ?George Peddie
smenkhare

Post by smenkhare »

Hey, George, how's yer lum reekin?I think I was member number 6, so you've got me beaten there. I'm 65, so I think I win on that?2008 ended with a terrible trip to Egypt, great visits and guides, but a really tatty hotel, bronchitis (both of us) and food poisoning for Geraldine. Christmas was great, at my mate Vincent's, with all his family, plenty of food and booze (Geraldine drove home). Story is that I'm selling most of my bikes. The Ariel Sq 4 and the Velo LE have gone, giving me cash to buy a nice astronomical telescope, which I've dreamed about since I was 18. The Interplus has to go too, so I've dropped the price a lot for a quick sale. Then there are the Vespa, the BSA 350, the Franny Barnett and the other bits and pieces. I'm currently restoring my Horex Regina 2, I think you might remember that one.Anyway, all the best for 2009 and on, come and visit some time, it's been a while!Jim.