Commander on Ebay

cdrkeith

Commander on Ebay

Post by cdrkeith »

A Commander has appeared on Ebay.......
fogrider

Re: Commander on Ebay

Post by fogrider »

The ad reads like it's a project bike with no import documents to register it with. Triumph gearbox ? I thought it was Yamaha, maybe I'm wrong. Only 600 made ? Nearly 1000 more like. Caveat emptor...........Regards all
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Yes, I was wrong about the gearbox, T160, Doh !
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

The Commander project has sold, maybe a club member has bought it for parts ?, or will there be a new member soon ?Regards, Terry.
BELLIOUS

Post by BELLIOUS »

hello there
Yes i bought it off EBAY with the intention of regaining lost memories of the past . I had a 91 commander krauser which was sold to fund life in general and i,ve always regreted doing it so when this one came up i just had to have it . Now to try to get it as good as the one i used to have (which will take quite a bit as its quite tatty) but its all there just about so i will be trawling ebay etc for parts so fingers crossed

graham
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

So, it did find a new home !, hope you don't have too much trouble registering it, the DVLA have always been helpful with me but if paperwork isn't exactly what they want, they can be very difficult it seems.
Keep us informed, always good to hear how someone is doing with restorations, you clearly like a challenge !
Regards, Terry.
mike_500

Post by mike_500 »

if it has not got a nova number it will be a nightmare to register unless it was regged in the uk before it was exported dvla are clamping down on bikes that are brought in as parts bikes but then sold to restore also you only have 14 days from import to register it on the nova system any later and you get fined by hmrc,i have had a lot of dealing with dvla with my re5's unless the paperwork is correct they do not want to know and if you ring them you never get a straight answer.if its an import from the e.u there are a couple of ways to go with getting it regged and getting it onto the nova system regards mike
BELLIOUS

Post by BELLIOUS »

Hi again
when i got the bike he said its was a british bike that had been exported to spain but never registered and later brought back here .I was sent various documents includeing the new owner part of the log book from 2015 , It has also been tested (and currently is) and it you "check vehicle details with the DVLA using the number on the bike it comes back ok .
I have just sent the new owner slip away to the DVLA with a explanation note of whats happened and i am waiting to see what i get back fingers crossed all will be ok
Graham
mike_500

Post by mike_500 »

you should get a new v5 back with no problems i did the same with my f1 that came from belgium it still had the uk v5 and was still on dvla website regards mike
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

If the seller had explained more accurately what documentation was available with the bike, he might have got more money for it !.. Does'nt sound a problem at all, looks like a great buy now. Is she in bits yet ?
Regards, Terry.
BELLIOUS

Post by BELLIOUS »

HELLO
Not yet in bits as ive just moved house so its tucked in the garage beside my other bikes which are a cb1300 and a 1966 suzuki t10 but one will have to go but which one ?
graham
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

No contest,you have got to keep the rotory 'cos it's so different cool,and good luck choosing between the other two exclaim,J.B.