WANTED NORTON F1 SPORT

NortondreambikeF1

WANTED NORTON F1 SPORT

Post by NortondreambikeF1 »

Hi allIf anyone has or knows of a Norton F1 Sport for sale in the UK please get in touch my number is 07725 509954.Regards Mark
cdrkeith

Re: WANTED NORTON F1 SPORT

Post by cdrkeith »

johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Twenty Seven grand exclaim,Is this bike realy worth that much,(News to me that Startright Motors were at Shenstone wink)J.B.
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

I'm curious to know who the club member is who claims he is 'highly respected' .....How does he know he is?David :-)
cdrkeith

Post by cdrkeith »

‘Sales speak’ needs to be taken with a pinch of salt ! The previous owner is actually “active and highly respected NOC member” Paul Ralph…….who fettled my lovely Norton Commander and is a bit of an all-round rotary guru, in my eyes, at least……same chap who’s writing the definitive tome on Silk motorcycles ? Dealers are the bad guys here – when they price bikes so outlandishly !
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Well yes it was my bike and I spent every second making sure it was perfect and beautiful in every way but it was not for me. I enjoy riding my bikes and this was just too much of a worry for me to ride daily in traffic thus the sale after a small accident on another bike which has damaged my right knee.I was sad that this seems to have caused such distain on the forum for myself and the seller who is a personal friend. cry I know what I originally paid and what he paid for the bike and he is not being greedy he has costs and overheads and always makes sure any purchase is protected as a reputable dealer. As said in my humble opinion you will struggle to find a nicer F1 with some nice history and paperwork with it and also only 2900 miles recorded and it shows in condition.Graham remembers the bike from its first owner who he rebuilt and moly'd the engine for and I have also fitted brand new Bridgestone tyres, Gel Battery, all oil, plugs and filters and any hydraulic part was stripped and serviced with all genuine parts (brake and Clutch). The primary side was also stripped and a new clutch centre and thrust bearing was fitted when being serviced. It starts runs and idles beautifully as well as pulling stonking wheelies if you give it some right hand... again why my Wife who most of you know from Popham put her foot down for me to part with it.The price is a guide remember he is open to offers for a beautiful bike which I was sad to part with in many ways.My Mum said if you haven't got anything nice to say count to ten and don't say it !
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
NortondreambikeF1

Post by NortondreambikeF1 »

Hi Guys I already have a F1 hence my search for a F1 Sport !!!My present F1 is having a lot of nice work done to it as we speak by Richard Negus. I was lucky enough this year to buy a job lot of brand new parts for my F1 and I am having the lot fitted to the bike as I want the bike to be a perfect and possible. The parts being fitted comprise the following: New wiring loom, not that there is anything wrong with the old one it just I want my bike like new again!! new carbs, electronic ignition, chain and sprockets. I am also having the 6-Speed gear box upgrade!! and a few more things. I will do a thread on it in due course.Regards Mark
NortondreambikeF1 wrote:Hi allIf anyone has or knows of a Norton F1 Sport for sale in the UK please get in touch my number is 07725 509954.Regards Mark
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

The F1 has sold and now lives in France. Should keep it nice and warm in the summer wink
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....