For Sale - Norton Commander

smurph

For Sale - Norton Commander

Post by smurph »

For Sale:- Norton Commander.I shall be putting this machine up for sale on E-bay at the end of the week - unless I receive an acceptable offer beforehand. The bike was up for sale on this Forum in September 2014. I bought it and covered a few hundred miles before taking it off the road for the winter. The engine carburettors were run dry before storage and the rotor housings have had oil added and the engine rotated every few months.Unfortunately, events have dictated that I haven't had time to use it since then and am not likely to do so in the near future. I would rather a new owner is able to make good use of it.The relevant parts of the original ad are these....'It is a 1989 model ,I bought it in 2004 . taxed until October ,MOT until April 2015 .the engine and gearbox was completely refurbished by rotary guru Richard Negus about 2yrs ago.I spent £1726.00 having anything it needed done .( it was running fine but I had a few quid and was never intending to sell it ) Whilst this was being done I had it re-sprayed a deep red .The wheels were renovated and new bearings fitted . The Avon tyres are as new. I have fitted the larger capacity radiator ,a new chain, new battery,and new fork seals.I have the original workshop manual and parts list,plus all the documentation from Richard regarding the re-build. The bike has krauser panniers. I have only done about 3000mls since all this work was done and experienced no problems whatsoever.'Should anyone be interested, please PM or email me. Sensible offers considered. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smurph

Re: For Sale - Norton Commander

Post by smurph »

Further information. The bike is on SORN and has no current MOT. The pictures were taken this afternoon.