My IP2 for sale

Pike

My IP2 for sale

Post by Pike »

Morning allWell, I have slowly and reluctantly come around to the idea of selling my 1986 IP2.I’ve owned it since 1995 and undertook a major rebuild in 2010, taking the opportunity to remove the damaged police fairing etc and fit a double seat. However, it has been sitting in my shed since 2012 and is looking untidy as a result. I had intended to put an MOT on it and ride around for a few months but although it fired up OK, I found the clutch had stuck. I no longer have access to a garage and don’t want to pull the chaincase in the street. It would probably free up if dragged around the block behind a car and although a minor setback, it feels like the gods are telling me that the time has come.By far the biggest problem with the bike is that the gearbox has an occasional dummy neutral in between 3rd and 2nd coming down the ‘box. I know the gears and bearings are all in good condition so I would suspect a selector spring. Its frequent enough to be annoying and warrant a rebuild. But as we all know, whilst an easy ‘box to work on, it does require a complete dismantling of the bike. There are a few other minor problems which have taken the shine off. The temperature gauge occasionally flicks to zero (intermittent connection).....Oh and the flat handlebars I fitted aren’t at all comfortableGood bits.The engine was rebuilt by Graham Wilshaw of Startright and nitrided. It’s probably done less then 3000 miles sinceReally quite a lot of money was spent with Norton Motors on shiny new cycle parts. Frame / wheels powder coatedAll plastics and tank painted upFully re-wired & new batteryIf I still had a garage, more time and fewer other toys I would have started the work but it’s been living in a shed for a few years and it needs some TLC. Obviously, I could put it up on eBay but I’d genuinely rather it went to good home than some Herbert who breaks it for the registration numberPrice.....not much....Around £750
Photo0072 - Copy.jpg
(Photo from 2012 - I've got some from the weekend which I can upload)CheersChris (Pike)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe

Re: My IP2 for sale

Post by Joe »

Morning Chris,PM sent.Regards, Joe
paulwolf

Post by paulwolf »

Hi Chris .Is the bike still for sell and if it is were do you live.Thanks Paul
kanonkopdrinker
Site Admin

Post by kanonkopdrinker »

Hi PaulChris lives in Hertfordshire.David
Pike

Post by Pike »

Sadly now gone..... cry Pike
bill

Post by bill »

Hi. Chris sent you a PM a few days a go .
Tig

Post by Tig »

Hi ChrisMany thanks for selling me your bike, it has found a good home.Really looking forward to getting her back on the road.Let me know about the headlamp shell please.Anyone know the situation with putting a classic style rear light cluster on an IP2 ?ThanksTig
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

If you find one enter the lottery too...
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

Didn't someone some months back post a thread about having Classic rear lights made?J.B.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello JB,Yep, correct but just the lenses. Not sure how Stuart got on with them, I'll find out.Joe
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hello Tig, It'll go straight on, just finding one will be the hard bit but I may be able to help you.Joe
Tig

Post by Tig »

Hi Chris (and Joe my ace rotary assistant)I found the reason the bike didn't start, the vacuum tap rubber had perished.Funny thing was I found I had two brand new ones today from when my commander was "supremed". Never get rid of anything.Anyway after changing that the bike fired up brilliantly. I have a few days off next week and hope to get an Mot and back on the road.Really looking forward to a rotary again after selling the supreme and F1.Tig
Sid

Post by Sid »

Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

That was short lived lol
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Sid

Post by Sid »

4 Days to go and currently at £3800, guess if it's right that if only 350 IP2's were built ( is that correct ?) there's not many survived, does anyone know how many still exist ?
Sid

Post by Sid »

Sold for £4425 - Did anyone on here buy it ?