Classic Replica, Water-cooled

Richard Negus

Classic Replica, Water-cooled

Post by Richard Negus »

Originally a West Midlands Police IP2 until 1989, I acquired this bike in 2012 already converted to, and registered as, a Classic Replica. It's a unique machine that's comfortably taken me round Scotland several times, rarely being used for short journeys. Most recent was Popham this year, a 418 mile 'brisk' round trip in a day, averaging 41 mpg.In June this year, I fitted a fully-overhauled Commander engine, including new 'moly' plates, new main and rotor bearings, new rotor seals and springs, dynamically balanced rotating assembly, re-cored radiator and overhauled water pump.It has Norton Digital ignition, a Nissin 14 mm front brake master cylinder, dog-leg levers, SVR AGM battery, new wiring loom, built and maintained regardless of cost.Only three owners from new (including myself), the MOT expires in July 2016.View anytime, courier delivery can be arranged at your cost.With a manufacturing date of 1984, the machine is old enough to be imported into the USA without restriction.I can also arrange export shipping.UK£5,750 OVNO, or exchange for a KTM 990 SMT smiley .
3120-26B.jpg
3120-27B.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
Interpol2471

Re: Classic Replica, Water-cooled

Post by Interpol2471 »

naughty . exclaim
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
Richard Negus

Re: Classic Replica, Water-cooled SOLD SOLD SOLD

Post by Richard Negus »

Now sold to Gordon from Sussex.R.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!
gordon akehurst

Post by gordon akehurst »

just like to say big thanks to richard,looking forward to ownership of my first rotary Very Happy
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

Richard-I want to sincerely compliment you on this fine motorcycle, which need not have been created or "authorized". It might have never seen the light of day. Yet, it did. The w/c 588 was where the development should have gone and if you wrote all of the sad stories of what happened, it might have been the longest book in history. 'N STILL the w/c 588 got built. It's as if someone started banging on some aluminum air conditioning ducting and suddenly a Ferrari P-4 V-12 appeared.You created this motorcycle, however and I congratulate you for it. "Austro Engines" hints at something - I know not what - but if this is another stage in the development, let's have more. Back in the longed for days of Entrepreneurial Capitalism, someone might have contracted with the A-E Company, manufactured a solid, modern frame, signed a contract with Brembo (just because...) and an honest, mid-range bike might have been produced. Imagine that.You did it though and the picture of it opens on my computer when I boot my computer up.Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.Thank you.Charlie
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Don't rub it in Charlie, I would have loved that 'bike but I was just a tadge too late. !Oh well, I can cope with an F1 Sport for a bit longer...........Regards, Terry.
fogrider

Post by fogrider »

Don't rub it in Charlie, I would have loved that 'bike but I was just a tadge too late. !Oh well, I can cope with an F1 Sport for a bit longer...........Regards, Terry.
Charles Wilson

Post by Charles Wilson »

"Oh well, I can cope with an F1 Sport for a bit longer..........."Name dropper... cool Charlie
johnbirchjar

Post by johnbirchjar »

As was I evil,J.B.