Last interpol / commander spares

rjg30091982

Last interpol / commander spares

Post by rjg30091982 »

Hi all,Last lot of interpol and commander spares on eBay now, clearing out garage to restore an AtlasJust search rjg30091982 as sellerCheersRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
graham butterworth

Re: Last interpol / commander spares

Post by graham butterworth »

Hi Russ Just seen your notification of Ip2 spares, have you got such a thing as a rear chain casing oil seal part 55 0423
gripper

Post by gripper »

Hi Graham, these oil seals are easily available from any bearing stockist. Just take the old one in and get them to match it up. I bought oil seals from dealers (rotary gearbox sprocket seal) that must have been on the shelf for years and they leaked from new. Because the bearing dealers have greater turnover the seals should be new-ish. Hope I didn't do you out of a sale Russ.
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Good Luck finding one at a Bearing stockist as these were made for Norton and I believe the mould is now destroyed or they are no longer made. Try StartRight Leeds for a good second hand one.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
gripper

Post by gripper »

I'm pretty sure I got one from "Bearing Man" in Shrewsbury. It's just a standard large seal and I'd be surprised if Norton had it specially made but I could be wrong.
Richard Negus

Post by Richard Negus »

Dave,In 1978'ish, Norton had a tool made for a seal size that was non-standard then (very narrow in relation to its diameters). You'll note that the seal has no identification on it (manufacturer, size, code, etc..). That tool disappeared a while ago and the demand is so small that a new tool is out of the question.It's quite possible now that a similar metric seal is available, given that Chinese manufacturers seem to be able to make things for next-to-nothing.
Just a bike-less old fogey now. Boo-hoo!