wanted DKW W2000

trisaki

wanted DKW W2000

Post by trisaki »

hi all need an oil pump for a dkw w2000 or info of where I can get it recondition , many thanks
FloridaMike

Re: wanted DKW W2000

Post by FloridaMike »

If you area asking for the autolube pump (in fact, there is no other), you have a late production bike as I understand the earlier ones used pre-mix.I just took a look at mine and it looks suspiciously like the autolube oil-injection pump fitted to a mid-60s vintage Yamaha 250 (mine was a YDS-3), and later. I do know I was able to source some banjo fittings from a motorcycle junkyard after the pimply twit at the O-ficcial Yamaha dealer snottily advised me that unless I had a part number he wouldn't help me (not couldn't, wouldn't).Remember that many, many components of this bike were bought out, and the autolube pump was definitely one of them. I think DKW/Hercules only actually made the frame, transmission parts and some castings, just about everything else came from somebody else.If in fact it turns out this IS a Yamaha part (mine has cast letters "MIC" on the side), I seem to recall that these pumps were not especially noted for either their durability or accuracy. Excess oil means fouled plugs, insufficient oil means seized pistons and cranks, and on a Wankel might mean destroyed seals and a damaged rotor housing.Given the availability and pricing of parts, my feeling is that pre-mix might be a better way to go to ensure the long-term survivability of the engine.Best Regards,Florida Mike