Price of commander

rjg30091982

Price of commander

Post by rjg30091982 »

Hi all,Considering selling my commander and just interested what people think they are worth, mine has had a £3500 engine rebuild which included other work like moly, gear box inspection, brake overhaul etc.A new electronic CDI, full re spray last year £1000, all police equipment incl radio, speaker, switches, lights POLICE STOP sign etc.Bike is mint and stands me in at £10k, I know I'll never see £10k for it but what are people's perceptions of its true value.ThanksRuss
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
rjg30091982

Re: Price of commander

Post by rjg30091982 »

Well it may shock some of you to know but bonhams the auctioneers valued my mint fully rebuilt A d resprayed with all rare as hens teeth police equipment at £4500!I must say having spent £9-10k on her I don't agree but that is what they said!Russ
P52 Police Commander (Dyfed Powys Police)\nIP2 (West Midlands Police)\nCommando Mk3 ES \nCommando Interpol (Hampshire Police)
gripper

Re: Price of commander

Post by gripper »

I think that because the great unwashed know very little about Wankel engines apart from the " Oh yeah they wear out their rotor tips seals don't they" most will avoid going near them unless they specifically want one. That makes the potential buyer pool quite small. Most of them are becoming museum exhibits sadly.