Starting problem & Race bike

paulwolf

Starting problem & Race bike

Post by paulwolf »

Hi,My Commander has developed a problem when starting from cold,with the choke on,turn the key and it starts on the right hand cylinder,then after about 30 to 40 secs the left cylinder fires up,Its ok when the engine is hot and runs ok,i have fitted 2 new plugs but it`s still the same.Anyone know what the problem is?.Also i am on the committee of the Bristol branch of the NOC and help to organise the Bristol Bike Show at Shepton Mallet each year and for the last 2 years have won 1st club stand.For the 2015 show in Febuary we are doing a show on Rotary`s and we have most of the models apart from a genuine race bike,does anyone know someone who has one and would like to display it at the show and is there such a thing as a cut away rotary engine about that we could display.If anyone can help please phone me on 07831446958.Thanks Paul Wolf
Wayne

Re: Starting problem & Race bike

Post by Wayne »

hi paulunfortunatly its too far for me to travel, i am risrticting my self to a 3 hr drive as i have to put everything to bed when i get home. i had a rotor mounted on a single rotor shaft with a aro end plate and comander housing it was very popular, the unit worked better when i added a bit of rotella. A seperate rotor with the seals glude inplace is also a good idea as this is asked to be explaind.Regards Wayne
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

I will give you a ring Paul.BUT NOC getting all Rotary'd up whatever next lol Very Happy Has anyone pointed out its not a single..... evil
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....
paulwolf

Post by paulwolf »

Wayne wrote:hi paulunfortunatly its too far for me to travel, i am risrticting my self to a 3 hr drive as i have to put everything to bed when i get home. i had a rotor mounted on a single rotor shaft with a aro end plate and comander housing it was very popular, the unit worked better when i added a bit of rotella. A seperate rotor with the seals glude inplace is also a good idea as this is asked to be explaind.Regards Wayne
Hi Wayne,Thanks for the reply,as a matter of interest were do you live?,Thanks Paul
paulwolf

Post by paulwolf »

Interpol2471 wrote:I will give you a ring Paul.BUT NOC getting all Rotary'd up whatever next lol Very Happy Has anyone pointed out its not a single..... evil
Hi,We try to do something differant evey year at the Bristol classic bike show and as i own a Commander i throught a Rotay theme might get peoples attention.Thanks Paul 07831446958
Interpol2471

Post by Interpol2471 »

Been away will call this week.
Various rubbish in various states of decay.....